Gunfire Games is looking for a Technical Artist who will work on developing pipeline tools for our upcoming titles. The ideal candidate is a 3D artist with strong technical and problem-solving skills. The Technical Artist will be the link between the artists and programmers. They will be assisting in managing asset budgets, monitoring engine performance, as well as assisting in researching new pipeline techniques to make the art pipeline as streamlined as possible. The ideal candidate will have a background in environment art with a passion for creating procedural content.
- Work with programmers to create new asset and level tools for procedurally generated content
- Work with other technical artists to profile performance, monitor asset budgets and develop procedural content pipelines for Substance Designer, Unreal Engine, and Houdini
- Use commercial and proprietary software to create high-quality 3D art assets to fulfill the necessities of the project’s functional, art and technical specifications.
- Understand the requirements and constraints of game design, engine, and platform.
- Excellent communication skills—you can articulate your process and receive critical feedback.
- Excellent problem-solving skills – you can work with other team members to assist in solving or gathering additional information on problems that occur during production.
- Experience with at least one digital content creation tool, such as 3ds Max, Blender, Houdini, or Substance Painter/Designer.
- Solid organizational skills with adherence to asset budgets and management
- Experience with Level management and optimization on PC and Consoles
- 2+ professional years of development experience
- Strong time management and communication skills.
- Must be currently eligible to work in the USA and onsite in Austin, Texas.
- Understanding of Houdini, VEX, and Digital Asset creation for use in Unreal Engine using Houdini Engine
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine material creation
- Experience creating blueprints in Unreal engine
- Experience creating engine side tools in Unreal
- Experience with a programming language (Python / C++)
The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the hired applicant may be required to undertake additional tasks as may be reasonably expected to perform.
Apply to the email attached.
Gunfire Games LLC is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran’s status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
Due to state and city regulations, we have currently adopted an optional work-from-home model. Although we cannot wait to have everyone back in our awesome, newly renovated studio, the safety of our team is priority #1. We will continue to adhere to regulations and assess the safety of a mandatory return to the studio when the time comes.