Director of Customer Success - Sports
Sports teams sell hundreds of millions of dollars in sponsorships every year, with brands investing upwards of tens of millions across the globe. In a world driven by analytics, there is more scrutiny than ever as to where every dollar is spent and what represents a good return-on-investment.
GumGum Sports is an AI-powered Sponsorship Measurement Platform (SMP) that analyzes the earned media value that brands generate from their sponsorships across broadcast TV, social media and streaming platforms. Leveraging computer vision technology, we provide the most comprehensive, automated, and accurate measurement software to value sponsorships. Sports teams can provide a 360º view of how their sponsors get value across every digital medium, and sponsors can measure who drives their highest return on investment.
The Director of Customer Success is responsible for developing strategies and practices that will enable our customers to understand the possibilities of the GumGum Sports platform and how to leverage it to maximize their return on investment of sponsorship investments. As the leader of the Customer Success department, you will elevate a group of Account Managers in developing the onboarding and training practices to ensure that clients successfully launch and ultimately leverage their sponsorship valuation data.
This position will lead the engagement, success, retention and growth of GumGum Sports’ customers. You and your team will be the voice of the customer while connecting with every function in the organization. You will understand the realities of our customer’s business and innovate on the best way for GumGum Sports to become an integral and impactful part of our clients’ businesses.
Traditionally you will manage a geographically dispersed team based in our Santa Monica, New York, Chicago and London offices. Currently, the team is working remotely from home, as is consistent across GumGum.
Team Leadership & Management
- Develop and lead a team of passionate product enthusiasts, trusted advisors, and customer advocates
- Attract, develop, and retain top talent
- Create and maintain a continuous training program, both for new hires and ongoing professional development, for every member of the team
Customer Loyalty Development
- Ensure that Account Managers understand our customers' objectives in leveraging the GumGum Sports product and, are identifying and partnering with ‘customer champions’ to ensure a successful integration throughout the organization
- Identify and develop proactive solutions for increasing user adoption
- Ensure the Customer Success team evangelizes product improvements to customers through proactive outreach, webinars and other promotional strategies
Customer Care, Growth & Retention
- Serve as the point of escalation for any complex or intricate customer issues or troubleshooting
- Manage customer escalations from your direct reports, and follow a methodical escalation process to executive management
- Define and optimize the life cycle for our customers including processes and touchpoints from implementation to renewal
Voice of the Customer Across GumGum Sports
- Monitor and report on the progress and ‘health’ of all customers across the organization
- Partner and collaborate with Sales leadership to develop an account engagement strategy that harmonizes the Customer Success team’s focus on account health, with the focus of the sales team on increasing account revenue
- Synthesize customer feedback and identify key opportunities based upon Enterprise needs to influence product strategy and direction
- Collaborate effectively with cross-functional partners (Product, Marketing, Engineering, Operations) to drive success for our Customers and GumGum Sports
Metrics & Reporting
- Analyze and understand customer churn and work to implement solutions to remedy
- Deliver regional targets and key metrics through operational excellence
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required
- 7+ years of experience in Customer Success or related roles including 5+ years in customer facing leadership roles ideally within a B2B SAAS organization. Demonstrated achievement in leading and managing SAAS customer success and/or account management teams and customer relationships
- Experience developing and driving customer success and account management practices, processes and structures that deliver on business outcomes across a global organization
- It is a plus if you have developed relationships with key Sports industry decision makers
- Thrive in a customer setting, actively seeking out opportunities to network and connect with customers
- Proactive, with ability to self-direct through multiple concurrent projects
- High sense of urgency, driven with ability to understand and prioritize initiatives
- Ability to build trust quickly, navigate difficult conversations comfortably, and maintain strong customer relationships
- Strong verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills; comfortable presenting to executive teams and key stakeholders.
- Leadership skills and the ability to provide daily coaching and feedback to direct reports
- A proven track record of aligning team members, processes, and systems to drive customer loyalty
- A focus on outcomes with the strong ability to drive team goals to align with company goals
- Experience implementing and using a Customer Success software tool a plus
- Ability to act as an evangelist for the product in market, capturing the hearts and minds of influential decision makers
- A passion to solve market problems using technology
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively
- Comfortable with ambiguity and being agile in order to change direction as priorities move rapidly
- Ability to catch the vision and direction of the product and pragmatically execute to deliver results
- Integrity and emotional intelligence: will need to create relationships with and influence a wide range of internal teams, always acting with the best interest of the company in mind, and handling sensitive/confidential information
- High EQ and excellent interpersonal skills
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive health, vision and dental benefits
- Healthcare and dependent care FSA
- Stock incentive program
- Paid parental leave
- Discounted Pet Health Program
- Flexible time off and work schedule
- Commuter perks
- Stocked kitchen
- Dog-friendly HQ office - we love our fur babies!
- Incredible work/life balance with a collaborative and friendly work space
- GumGum Gives Back volunteering opportunities
Career & Development Focus
- Ongoing learning and development for education opportunities such as webinars, books, classes, relevant conferences and events
- Opportunities to pursue business related side projects and yearly Hackathon
- Highly encouraged to contribute to open source software, including our own open source software
- Environment of learning from peers, including meetups, presentations and blog posts
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology
- Life Skills sessions - geared towards the whole life/ health / person
- Leadership Bites Dinner Series - connecting current and future GumGum leaders over great food and meaningful conversation
- Women of GumGum - a community of women across our global organization aimed at empowering one another
*Please note that we are not currently accepting candidates from recruiting agencies or 3rd parties.*
WE INVITE YOU TO LEARN MORE ABOUT GUMGUM!
We listen to understand different perspectives, show everyone respect, and relentlessly seek solutions for our clients (internal and external).
We are quick, nimble, and change direction gracefully, while maintaining control.
We bring energy and perseverance to everything we do.
At GumGum, we innovate. Our two divisions, Advertising and Sports, are powered by expansive, sophisticated AI-driven marketing and analytics solutions. Our vision is clear: We want to use our proprietary technology to solve the hard problems across the media industry. As a company, we celebrate kindness, resilience, the courage to think outside the box and the importance of having fun. All of our internal operations and decisions are undertaken with complete transparency, with a highly accessible executive, leadership team. For GumGummers, we believe in providing all the necessary tools, resources and guidance needed for them to excel. And, they do excel.
GumGum is constantly evolving to be at the forefront of computer vision and machine learning advancements. With nearly 10 years experience, we use our proprietary image recognition technology to deliver highly engaging, contextually relevant ad experiences across premium publishers all over the world.
Our Products & Services…
Our Advertising business serves contextual marketing messages in line with content users are actively engaged with.
Our Sports business helps marketers and rights holders understand the full media value of their sponsorship investments across broadcast and social media. And we deliver on brand safety by leveraging our AI to detect unsafe text and imagery, allowing us to deliver ads in brand safe, contextually relevant environments.
What’s a Hackathon? We’re glad you asked. Our employees split into teams and spend 48 hours ‘hacking’ together before presenting their ideas to our executive team. It’s a chance for anyone within our company to showcase the visions they want to bring to fruition.
GumGum recently earned LA’s Best Places to Work Award 2020 and Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to work in 2020, and it’s no surprise why. With company-sponsored social hours, annual holiday celebrations and on-site gatherings, GumGummers enjoy a fun, creative and collaborative workplace. We provide ourselves on our strong track record of giving employees the autonomy and support they need to succeed.
Oh, and doggies…
We love our dogs so much, we even have an Instagram dedicated to them! Follow us: @dogsofgumgum