Senior Combat Designer
Guerrilla is looking for an experienced and passionate Senior Combat Designer to help create impactful and fun player combat mechanics. We are searching for a seasoned candidate with a keen eye for detail, who can bring animations, input timing, visual and sound effects together into a cohesive experience for gamers of multiple skill levels.
What you will do
As a Senior Combat Designer at Guerrilla, you will:
- Develop and oversee the player's combat mechanics, weapons and abilities.
- Drive core combat systems such as camera and enemies.
- Work closely with animators, gameplay programmers, and other teams to prototype and implement combat features.
- Take designs through a full development cycle from concept to release.
- Use metrics, player feedback, and a multitude of diverse analytics to improve and refine the design over time.
Who you are
- You have gained experience as a Combat Designer on multiple titles for at least 5 years.
- During your career, you have shipped at least one AAA game where you were heavily involved in, or in charge of, player combat mechanics and abilities.
- You have experience with visual scripting languages (Blueprint, Node Graphs, and so on).
- You are comfortable working with animation driven systems and familiar with the challenges of state replication.
- You have a passion for, and deep understanding of, third-person combat mechanics and have thoroughly played a wide variety of different titles.
- You like working with hands-on prototypes.
- You are comfortable with providing and receiving constructive criticism.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You are self-motivated and take initiative.
If you think you're up for the challenge, we'd love to hear from you! You can apply by hitting the "apply now" button. Be sure to submit your CV, Cover Letter and a link or PDF file of your portfolio where you showcase your best and most recent work.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Dave Benach (Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner) through [email protected]