Principal Environment Artist
Are you the Environment Art leader with a passion for immersive open worlds we’re looking for?
Our Environment Art Team
From the towering city of Meridian to the snowy Banuk peaks and the Cauldrons buried deep below its surface; all of the stunning locations in the lush world of Horizon are the domain of our large and multi-faceted Environment Art team. This international, goal-driven group of creative problem solvers builds these environments from scratch, delivering immersive experiences with industry-benchmark graphics.
What you will do
As a Principal Environment Artist at Guerrilla, we will look to you to:
- Create the landscapes, ruins, settlements, underground bunkers and sci fi environments of the Horizon universe
- Collaborate with other departments to meet the story, quest, and design requirements for each location
- Safeguard quality levels by establishing and maintaining clear processes and conventions
- Review, feed back, implement, clean up, rework and firefight problems with the team
- Fix bugs, optimize performance, and polish all of our work until it shines
Who you are
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Have worked in a supervisory role in a AAA studio for at least 5 years
- Have experience in all game development cycles (pre-production, production, post-production), ideally with open-world games
- Have a great artistic eye, and an impressive portfolio that shows you understand form, composition, color, light and detail
- Have versatile game modeling skills and know your way around industry standard toolsets
- Can deliver dynamic, clean models consistently and in a timely manner
- Have experience making modular assets and planning for outsourcing
- Enjoy working in agile, multi-disciplinary teams
- Can share examples of how you mentor and motivate artists
- Are self-motivated, detail-oriented, technically-minded, and... love making games!
This position is based in our studio in the heart of Amsterdam. Guerrilla offers relocation and immigration support.
If you think you’re up for the challenge, you can apply by hitting the “apply now” button. Be sure to submit your CV, a cover/motivation letter and a link to/PDF of your portfolio.