(Closed) Full Stack Developer
G-Science is an award-winning esports performance and health start-up looking to make the gaming industry a healthier and happier place for all gamers. We are on a quest to find a talented developer who wants to make a difference in the lives of gamers by helping us to create the industry's first athlete monitoring system (Optimal). You will have the freedom to implement your ideas and will be recognised and rewarded for your achievements. G-Science is committed to equal opportunity and does not discriminate on ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.
- Take engineering/code ownership of Optimal (our athlete monitoring system).
- Construct visualisations that are able to depict vast amounts of data.
- Write, analyse, optimise and debug code to maximise performance and quality.
- Work closely with our Co-founders and cross-functional teams to quickly prototype, design and implement ideas and projects.
- Develop a flexible and well-structured front-end architecture, along with the APIs to support it.
- Learn and understand user interactions.
- Generate documentation and technical/functional specifications as needed.
- Lead agile planning and scope estimation for team projects.
- Engineering talent demonstrated by excellent work experience, hobby projects, open-source contributions, or superior academic results.
- Deep hands-on technical expertise, problem-solving skills and experience leading a team.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, technically challenging environment with rapidly changing requirements.
- Knowledge and experience with Cloud based computing, specifically AWS (IAM, RDS) and container based technologies.
- Strong English-language communication (verbal and written) and documentation skills
- Strong communication skills to maintain the channels between engineering and design, and to translate the concepts/ideas across efficiently and accurately.
- Be kind. Work hard. Have fun.
- You are a passionate game developer and/or game player (PC, console, or mobile) who understands gamer culture and wants to make the gaming ecosystem a healthier, less toxic and happier place.
- Experience with Android and iOS Native.
- Previous experience with health/wearable technologies.
- We will select the best candidate and will offer you a 6 week trial phase. If we are a good fit for each other, we will create a consultancy agreement for you to be paid in sweat equity up to the point of us raising our next funding round (4-6 months time). At this point, you will be offered a package with equity in G-Science and a full time salary of between £40,000 and £60,000 per year. Happy to discuss this further if you have any questions.
We look forward to you joining the team!