Social Media Manager (Remote)
Volunteer Social Media Manager
Position: Volunteer Social Media Manager
Reports to: President and Vice-President
About GRUNTo Corps
We empower veterans in the gaming and technology-related industries while promoting wellness. Our programs help veterans obtain the tools, resources and opportunities to succeed in the rapidly growing technology industry as well as ensuring wellness steps are taken. Our team is motivated to see veterans succeed and we look forward to serving them.
The Social Media Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing the social media and creating content for all social media channels in order to inform our members, increase charity awareness and drive prospective donors and volunteers. This position will report to the President and Vice-President of GRUNTo Corps. The incumbent will be enthusiastic about veterans and the military and will be expected to stay up-to-date with the latest social media marketing trends and potential new strategies.
- Manage content and engagement across multiple social media channels: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and more.
- Develop and maintain a social media content calendar.
- Create and publish relevant, original and engaging content across all social media channels.
- Proofread and edit media posts before publication.
- Submit work to Executives for input and approval.
- Coordinate with Executives and artists to include illustrations for published posts.
- Collaborate with teammates to maintain a consistent brand voice and message across all programs.
- Ensure all-around consistency (style, images and tone).
- Experience in social media tracking and marketing automation tools.
- Experience doing research using multiple sources.
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Have a passion for helping veterans.
- One year of social media experience.
This is a volunteer position. Volunteers are provided merchandise upon completion of time as a volunteer.