Berlin, Wrocław, or Remote
Currently, esports data is not widely accessible, very granular or available in real-time. GRID is solving these challenges by working closely together with tournament organizers and game publishers, transforming their raw bespoke data into a suite of game agnostic and easy-to-use APIs.
On top of this solid foundation, GRID (and partners) is building robust fan-facing applications, statistics and predictive models, worked on internally by respective specialized product teams. The general esports industry is growing every year and as we face an increased demand for our services, we are looking to expand our team with ambitious and bright minds that can help us solve the challenges that the industry faces.
- Founded in 2018, grew to support 10 titles, processing over 12k matches a year by 2020, and partnering with some of the leading names in the esports and sports betting industries.
- 60+ passionate people of 24 different nationalities.
- Raised $10m in Series A funding early in 2021 to further accelerate market and operational growth.
What we look for:
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced software startup that has huge potential
- A self-starting attitude with the ability to think on their feet and take the initiative to get things done
- Good communication skills for working with remote teams
- Passionated with building scalable cloud-based infrastructure based on Google Cloud Platform (preferable) or AWS
- Advanced level of hands-on experience with Linux ecosystem
- Experience of running Kubernetes clusters
- Automation skills of infrastructure provisioning and lifecycle management with configuration management (Ansible) and infrastructure-as-code (Terraform) tools
- Experience of using Prometheus / Grafana for monitoring software and infrastructure performance
- Hands-on experience with CI/CD such as GitLab CI (preferable) or Jenkins
- Scripting skills (Bash, Python)
- Experience of running large MySQL instances at scale
- Extensive experience of working with distributed systems running messaging technologies such as RabbitMQ and Kafka
- Experience of working with software teams using similar technologies (Go, Kotlin/JVM, TypeScript)
- Experience of working with micro-services and strong understanding of the benefits and challenges of working with this architecture pattern
- Enthusiastic in writing clean and modular code that is easy to read, maintain, update, and scale
- Transparent about system outages, errors and mistakes and see them as a way to learn and improve
- Able to work CET time zone
What you will do:
- Striving to build out the company’s cloud infrastructure in line with the technical vision
- Working as part of the engineering team to solve difficult problems with elegant solutions
- Using your experience to help shape GRID’s approach to running mission-critical, cloud-based systems with 24/7 uptime
- Developing and improving existing infrastructure and delivery process
- Clearly communicating technical approaches with technical teams as well as the wider business
- Taking pride in building stable, scalable systems and maintaining a high degree of infrastructure uptime, both for production and development systems
What we offer:
A unique and delightful way of working
- Flexibly. Work from wherever you want, in the office, from home, or wherever inspires and motivates you. Meet up in-person with your colleagues every so often, making use of the travel opportunities GRID offers.
- Sustainably. We’re not a typical start up. We want our engineers to be rested and able to perform. Regular length days, less than 5 hours of scheduled meetings per week and Friday afternoons free to take on the projects you choose, is the norm.
- Organized. We strive for considered decisions, creating software that lasts. We document them in decision records, which any engineer in any team can drive.
- Agile & Inclusively. We’ve developed our own kanban-based way of working that is constantly being improved and adapted by the self organizing product-engineering teams. Opinions and ideas are valued from all.
- Prioritizing quality. Achieved by ensuring detailed stories and epics, high test coverage, a thorough code-review process, consciously taking on technical debt and an open culture of sharing opinions.
- Pragmatic. GRID thrives on being pragmatic, allowing us to make the best decisions, rather than keeping to rigid processes and procedures that don’t work well for us.
- Impactful. With a robust CI/CD process, and a full suite of automated tests our engineers ship daily, allowing you to make impact on the product from day one with peace of mind.
- Fostering growth. Empowering engineers who are determined to grow by providing a self-development budget and strong career advancement opportunities.