Lead Game Designer
We’re building the future of Fan Engagement experiences for live sports. It’s a frenetic, all-in, raise-the-stakes and show-your-passion mobile game experience where the best fans win. Our fast-growing all-star team loves both sports and eSports and we’re not afraid to show it. We've closed a healthy Seed Round with investors that represent all major leagues that believe as passionately as we do in our future of sports and fan engagement.
The Lead Game Designer will report directly to the Game Director and will be responsible for one of the four design departments, which focuses on the game economy, systems, game world, and game content. They will lead and manage their department in addition to communicating on behalf of the department with studio leadership, other departments, and across development teams as needed. The ideal candidate must have experience leading a full development team for mobile platforms, managing multiple game designers, and have deep experience in game design theory and a working understanding of Unity.
The candidate will work with a supporting Game Design team, driving design work across multiple cross-discipline teams to align with the overall product vision and current priorities. The candidate will also work closely with the Producers to plan key features, live operations, and content updates. The candidate will regularly communicate with studio leadership, assist in product play testing, and work with other team members to review the full mobile product. The candidate must be able to incorporate input from multiple sources into their work while communicating the reasoning behind their choices..
- Lead, manage, and grow a game design department responsible for a range of experiences.
- Work with the Game Director and other leaders to drive the vision for GreenPark Sports.
- Demonstrate and maintain balance between design efficiency, sustainability, agility, and creativity.
- Work with all disciplines to bring features and content from design to complete production.
- Design and own game features from concept or request through completion and live operations.
- Explore, develop, and provide multiple designs for features with articulated trade-offs, risks, and costs for the proposed designs.
- Solicit internal feedback through playtests and design reviews.
- Maintain communication across teams and departments.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years professional mobile games design experience
- Experience managing multiple game designers
- Shipped at least one game as a part of a development team
- Worked on a mobile game with robust live operations
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience working on platform systems (chat, friends, teams / clans, tournaments, etc.)
- Experience designing and balancing virtual economies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Understanding of content creation pipelines and tools in Unity
- Passion for making mobile games with an understanding of current market trends and demands
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced live operations development environment
- Familiarity with sports and esports
Please remember to include your Portfolio for review with your submission.
What we offer:
- Opportunity: With a small, core team of talented people, iterating and scaling fast, you’ll be hands-on and learning right away.
- Location: We have two amazing offices - LA (Calabasas) and SF (Downtown Burlingame).
- Culture: We strive to be welcoming and inclusive. As an early team member, you’ll be active in recruiting decisions ensuring we build a culture you want to be part of.
- Salary: A competitive salary with stock options.
- Benefits: Option to join a Health, Vision and Dental benefits plan with growing benefits as the company is growing.
- Time-Off: Flexible PTO
- Away Games: With a team split between Los Angeles (Calabasas) and Burlingame, there’s occasional travel.
Please note: We do NOT offer H1B sponsorship or transfers at this time.
We find ourselves in unusual times and as such, both of our offices are on a Work From Home schedule due to COVID-19. But don't worry, we have your back when it comes to provisioning all the necessary hardware you will need to perform at the top of your game all from the comfort of your home.