Game Designer, Economy
What We Do:
Founded by an incredible entrepreneurial team, including the Co-Founder and former CEO of YouTube, the Founder and former CEO of Zappos, and the Co-Founder and Chief Creative for BLITZ Agency - our current CEO, GreenPark is the first sports and esports metaverse where fans connect, compete, and level up with one another. Here, you suit up, get recruited by your favorite team and go head-to-head against your rivals in epic battles. Now you can prove, once and for all, that you are the MVF (Most Valuable Fan)! Make game predictions, play mini games, and join a virtual Watch Party to cheer on your favorite team. Collect digital trading cards of your favorite players, level them up, unlock rewards, challenge friends to mini games and deck your Greenie out in your best gear. We are currently partnering with Riot Games, the LCS, NBA, La Liga with other esports & sports leagues coming soon.
Game Designer, Economy:
As a Game Designer (Economy), you will design the bold and subtle values and formulas that make the player experience smooth and compelling while fulfilling the operational needs of the company. You will work closely with design leadership and product managers across multiple teams on a rapidly growing live product to manage the economic heart of the future of fandom.
You will ensure that the GreenPark economy and systems strike those delicate balances that maximize retention while promoting player goal formation and business needs. You will report to the Game Director.
- Design, manage, and implement progression, monetization and reward systems
- Manage and track commerce and reward systems, along with changes over time
- Balance player progression rates, rewards, and currencies
- Work with Product Management and Analytics to manage the economy and pricing of virtual goods
- Collaborate with other designers and cross-functionally with other departments
- Provide recommendations to other teams regarding their rewards and progressions
- Unify the economy on an ongoing basis as new systems and features launch
- Plan and communicate adjustments and improvements to stakeholders
- Step into other game design roles as needed, especially gameplay and systems design
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of 2 years professional mobile games design experience
- Shipped at least one game as a part of a development team
- Experience working with f2p (free-to-play) games
- Strong Google Sheets or Excel skills
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum 1 year of experience working on a game with robust live operations
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with sports and esports
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Well-rounded generalist game design background
- Understanding of content creation pipelines and tools in Unity
- Passion for mobile games with an understanding of market trends and demands
What We Offer:
- Opportunity: With a small, core team of talented people, iterating and scaling fast, you’ll be hands-on, collaborating and learning right away
- Locations: Although our headquarters is in Los Angeles, we are currently a remote workforce in California, Washington, Texas, North Carolina, Nevada and New York. Flex work options coming in 2022
- Culture: We strive to be welcoming and inclusive. As an early team member, you’ll be active in recruiting decisions ensuring we build a culture you want to be part of
- Salary: A competitive salary with stock options
- Benefits: Currently offering employee-created benefits covering Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, LTD/STD, FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Life Insurance, EAP and home office stipend
- Time-Off: Flexible PTO
Who We Are:
Sports is more than a game, and so are we. Genuine collaboration, integrity and heartfelt camaraderie is what makes us a true team. We believe in the success of our company, partner relations and that our player community must ultimately be driven by the strength of our inclusivity, diversity and integrity. We believe that we must be the global community that we are building for. This is what creates the Future of Fandom. This is what makes us GreenPark.
Where You Can Find Us:
Try GreenPark for yourself and let us know what you think! Check us out on the app stores: iOS & Android
Please note: We do NOT offer H1B sponsorship or transfers at this time.
Job Applicant Notice at Collection
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at GreenPark Sports, Inc. When creating a profile and submitting your application, we will collect the following categories of personal information: direct identifiers, such as your name and contact information; professional information, such as your previous employment, education background, and work authorizations (e.g., work visas); and other information you include in your resume, cover letter and other job application materials, such as your preferences, skills, abilities, and references. We also may collect your social media information if you connect your social media account when creating a profile.
We use each category of the information you provide to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) that you apply to and other job openings at GreenPark Sports, Inc. that we think may interest you. We also use each category of information for other business purposes, including to comply with federal and state laws requiring us to maintain certain records, to manage our workforce, to detect security incidents, and to protect against fraudulent or other illegal activity.