Gram Games is the studio behind some of the most popular mobile titles like 1010!, Six! and Merge Dragons!. We have more awesome projects in the pipeline. We do things differently here: we work in small self-managing teams, enabling you to have an incredible amount of ownership, autonomy and impact. We'll never ask you to abandon your craft and just focus on managing others or workload.
We are looking for a Senior Game Platform Engineer with a high level of understanding of high traffic, highly scalable and available backend systems. This person will work on the development of existing and new component/features of backend infrastructure, as well as improving the current architecture. You’ll be doing hands on development and be responsible for making sure that our millions of daily players get the best, most uninterrupted experience possible.
- Design, develop and operate of shared services
- Improve our platforms scalability, reliability, availability and security
- Write robust code to be used in high traffic services
- Collaboration with the other teams to understand and meet their requirements
- Strong, professional experience using Go in large code bases
- Excellent understanding of concurrency and distributed systems
- Solid Linux and general purpose languages (bash, Python, etc.) knowledge
- Good understanding of cloud computing and AWS
- Database design and implementation experience and skills, good understanding of SQL
- Ability to understand existing implementations and propose improvements and solutions
- Able to work with a small team to implement, deploy and troubleshoot wide range of issues in a production environment
- Being autonomous with having a high degree of initiative
- Good understanding of C#
Nice to haves:
- Experience in gaming industry
- Experience with NoSQL databases and in memory data stores
- Previous working experience in server development without application servers
- Understanding of Unity game engine and Unity applications
- Experience with external services like GCP, Facebook, Firebase, etc.
In return for bringing your expertise to this top priority role, we can offer some of the best benefits in the Games industry!
- Highly competitive salary
- Private medical care
- Awesome onsite chef serving breakfast, lunch, and lots of treats (naughty and nice)
- Relocation assistance for those moving to the UK
- Life insurance and a favourable pension scheme
- Healthcare cash plan including dental and optical coverage
- Yoga, massages, fitness classes
- Amazing tech to work with and consoles to play and relax with everywhere you look!