Gram Games is the studio behind some of the most popular mobile titles like 1010!, Six! and Merge Dragons! We do things differently here: we work in small self-managing teams, enabling you to have an incredible amount of ownership, autonomy and impact. We'll never ask you to abandon your craft and just focus on managing others or workload.
At Gram everyone is expected to have a razor-sharp focus on what creates tangible impact: impact on their team, impact on their work environment and impact on the overall company strategy. If you are motivated by autonomy, constant improvement, collaboration and the sense of belonging this is the right job for you.
As a Lead Game Artist at Gram Games, you'll work with an A+ mobile team to help grow and develop art styles and create assets for live and possible new titles. Your objective, like everyone else in Gram, will be growing the titles from a hit to an evergreen mega-hit. You will work with Designers, Developers and other talented Artists across the company to craft dazzling assets that will steal the hearts of our players and position the games for greater success.
What do you need from me?
- Mastery of art principles and how they are related to gameplay design, fiction and mechanics.
- Creating original and industry inspiring art for character, environment and UI quickly and effectively.
- Multiple craft area management leadership experience.
- Demonstrates professionalism to maintain clear responsibilities with respect to leads and Art Director
- Leads feedback sessions within the discipline group.
- Influences and builds a strong and focused art team.
- Able to work cross-functionally with other disciplines to fully-understand requirements and deliverables, and effectively communicate those to the team.
- Customarily and regularly sets the direction for the team.
- Fully comprehends the Art Director’s vision and executes it through group discipline.
- Able to cultivate original and creative ideas for products, services or work processes.
It would also be great if you...
- Have worked on multiple games launched
- Have experience in other casual/mobile games
- Have agile scrum knowledge
- Have VFX and animation experience
- Have knowledge of Unity
- Have a degree in visual arts, animation, visual effects or a comparable degree
In return for bringing your expertise to this top priority role, we can offer some of the best benefits in the Games industry!
- Highly competitive salary
- Bonus plan, Zynga RSU’s (Restricted Stock Units), ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- Private medical care
- Awesome onsite chef serving breakfast, lunch, and lots of treats (naughty and nice)
- Relocation assistance for those moving to the UK
- Life insurance and a favourable pension scheme
- Healthcare cash plan including dental and optical coverage
- Yoga, massages, fitness classes
- Amazing tech to work with and consoles to play and relax with everywhere you look!