Gram Games is the studio behind some of the most popular mobile titles like 1010!, Six! and Merge Dragons!. We’ve recently released Merge Magic! and we have more awesome projects in the pipeline. We do things differently here: we work in small self-managing teams, enabling you to have an incredible amount of ownership, autonomy and impact. We'll never ask you to abandon your craft and just focus on managing others or workload.
At Gram everyone is expected to have a razor-sharp focus on what creates tangible impact: impact on their team, impact on their work environment and impact on the overall company strategy. If you are motivated by autonomy, constant improvement, collaboration and the sense of belonging this is the right job for you.
As a Senior Game Designer at Gram Games, you’ll work with an A+ mobile team to help grow and develop live titles, with the objective of growing it from a hit to an evergreen mega-hit. You will work with other designers on the project to learn the ins-and-outs of the game’s level design, content design, systems, philosophies and more. You will use your wealth of design knowledge, your extensive experience, and your analytical thinking and insights to craft exciting new features and engaging content that will position the game for greater success.
You will also engage with the player community to understand their desires and how they play, to better inform your decisions. You will be a part of the overall design pipeline - providing feedback and insight to designers, artists, and producers on proposed designs as well as live designs that need revisiting. You’ll be here to bring us together, to take advantage of each of our dynamic skills, and to turn them into games enjoyed and praised around the world.
What will I do day to day?
- You will understand the game inside and out in order to be an effective designer on it. You should love it and constantly seek to understand and improve its inner workings
- Build engaging and exciting features that fit well with the core, and that seek to raise engagement and/or monetization
- Design new objects, events, and other supporting content. Play and give feedback on those features crafted by other members of the design team
- Help or guide the team in developing a longer-term road-map for the game to guide content and feature development
- Work closely with the other designers, as well as production, art, engineering, analytics, QA, and marketing when needed. Constantly seek feedback and provide feedback. Collaborate not just with you team members, but across the studio as well
- Always be open to feedback and new ideas from anyone in the studio. We work as one team here
- Engage the Community. Interact with the community via Discord or other means to learn and seek feedback on your live designs
- Strive for the highest quality designs and experience for the players, and to act as a guiding light and friendly mentor for other designers here
What do you need from me?
- Working knowledge of the Unity framework
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential for the role
- A deep, demonstrable level of experience as a Game Designer
- Experience with level-designs, or puzzle designs incl. Wire-framing, prototyping, flow-diagrams
- Experience of being a leader in a team: coaching, mentoring, guiding discussions in a pragmatic and friendly way
- We expect that an understanding of what makes a game profitable and fun will be second nature to you!
- A genuine passion for gaming, we imagine we’ll see that in the way you speak about games, your engagement/interactions in gaming communities etc
- A good mind for mathematical, analytical, and logical problem-solving
In return for bringing your expertise to this top priority role, we can offer some of the best benefits in the Games industry!
- Highly competitive salary
- Private medical care
- Awesome onsite chef serving breakfast, lunch, and lots of treats (naughty and nice)
- Relocation assistance for those moving to the UK
- Life insurance and a favourable pension scheme
- Healthcare cash plan including dental and optical coverage
- Yoga, massages, fitness classes
- Amazing tech to work with and consoles to play and relax with everywhere you look!