Love the process of making great games? Have a lot of experience doing it? Do you like to help guide others through the process from concept through managing live games? Have experience putting together new teams? The Gram Games division of Zynga is seeking a talented, motivated and experienced Executive Producer or Senior Development Director to help us overhaul our production team while helping us manage our live games.
As a member of the org’s senior leadership team, this role will be instrumental in getting new producers spun up and ensure best practices are put in place at all levels of our game teams while helping to drive the continued commercial success our titles. This role will be responsible for helping to navigate a full free-to-play business model, and responsible for discussing, advocating for and helping determine the strategic elements needed for the titles to be an ongoing success.
The ideal candidate needs to be experienced at managing a large team of direct and indirect reports, and will have a good understanding of a wide range of leadership, management, communication, and production practices. They also need to be able to help drive and motivate the team across all disciplines and help to cultivate a positive team culture. Ultimately, this candidate will be a problem solver and not afraid to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty. This will include everything from in-the-trenches problem solving that arises in the development processes to high level team planning and career coaching.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with your key reports to create an organizational structure, processes, and project plan that allow the team to produce high quality work efficiently on time and on budget with a high degree of predictability
- Work collaboratively with other disciplines to drive results and outcomes
- Passionately articulate goals and team principles to help form a stimulating and fun work environment and culture
- Identifying and helping guide the team around potential hazards that come up through the normal game development process
- Help define and set best practices and make sure they are communicated out across the team
- Help the game teams navigate all stages of the development process
- Help build and strengthen the communication between disciplines and locations
- Own quality of the product and be the player advocate to the team
- Effectively communicate the core experience of our games to other parts of the Zynga organization, and help ensure that your product leverages the ideas and resources of the larger organization
- +5 yrs of experience leading and guiding multidiscipline teams through all stages of development with at least 3 games shipped as Executive Producer, Development Director or Game Director. Mobile experience preferred.
- Understands how to lead multi-disciplinary teams to create and grow great games
- Extensive and hands-on knowledge of and fluency in the game development process. Understands the ins and outs of game development from concept through live operations
- Experience with various project management tools. Jira a plus
- Strong analytical skills, along with a keen attention to detail
- Problem solver
- Experience setting up new production teams a plus
In return for bringing your expertise to this top priority role, we can offer some of the best benefits in the Games industry!
- Highly competitive salary
- Private medical care
- Awesome onsite chef serving breakfast, lunch, and lots of treats (naughty and nice)
- Relocation assistance for those moving to Turkey
- Life insurance and a favourable pension scheme
- Healthcare cash plan including dental and optical coverage
- Yoga, massages, fitness classes
- Amazing tech to work with and consoles to play and relax with everywhere you look!