Technical Solutions Engineer, Stadia
- Programming experience in C/C++ as well as experience with graphic APIs such as Open GL or Vulkan.
- Experience developing for console, PC and/or mobile.
- Unity development experience.
- Unreal development experience.
- A quick learner and can ramp up quickly on new technologies and SDKs
About the job
Google engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. As a member of an extraordinarily creative, motivated and talented team, you develop new products that are used by millions of people. We need our engineers to be versatile and passionate to take on new problems as we continue to push technology forward. If you get excited about building new things and working across discipline lines, then our team might be your next career step.
The Partner Engineering team works closely with game studios to assist them in getting their content on the Stadia platform. TSEs do everything from deep performance analysis, to building tools, to creating samples, and everything in between. We also work closely with internal engineering teams on Stadia to ensure that the platform is being built with our partner’s needs in mind. TSEs get to experience the full breadth of what Stadia has to offer and these roles present the opportunity to learn many new skills and technologies. This is a fast moving team where every day is unique and exciting!
TSEs are on the front-line of Stadia development. This role will work closely with the TechCert and QA teams to help improve and automate Stadia’s certification processes. All games must pass a rigorous certification check before they go live on Stadia. Making this process as automated and streamlined as possible is a top goal for the Partner Engineering team. While this role is focused on TechCert support you will have the opportunity to work on other efforts as well.
Stadia is Google’s premier Video Game platform, designed for everyone. We are working on custom built hardware and rapidly evolving open source technology to deliver a seamless gaming experience across multiple devices. Stadia provides players new ways to discover, engage, and connect with content with no download required thanks to our cutting-edge data centers. Our team members are building the tools that will push game development to new levels, reducing the barrier to entry and bringing gaming to everyone. Through the power of Stadia, there is unlimited possibility.
- Understand Stadia Partner technical requirements and use cases, and distill these into crisp product requirements.
- Define the experience and technical solutions that would realize these requirements, and build the necessary pieces.
- Work with partners in order to resolve any technical issues that might arise from the use of Google technologies within the partners’ products.
- Have travel flexibility and short-term co-location with partners.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.