Technical Solutions Engineer, Graphics, Stadia
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Mountain View, CA, USA; Kirkland, WA, USA
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Programming experience in C/C++.
- Experience working with operating system frameworks and graphics including but not limited to: Vulkan, OpenGL, and OpenCL.
- Experience with 3D rendering, GPU optimization, or optimized rendering engines.
- Knowledge of leading game engines with a vision for how engines could evolve to use the cloud.
- Ability to work through challenges, and a desire to find ways to optimize the game development process.
About The Job
The Partner Engineering team works closely with game studios to assist them in getting their content on the Stadia platform. As a Technical Solutions Engineer, you will complete performance analysis, build tools, and create samples. You will work closely with internal engineering teams on Stadia to ensure the platform is being built with our partner’s needs in mind. As a Technical Solutions Engineer, you will be working on tools used by the Stadia team to support partners and help manage their projects, looking for ways to automate tasks and increase their efficiency.
Stadia is Google’s premier Video Game platform, designed for everyone. We are working on custom built hardware and rapidly evolving open source technology to deliver a seamless gaming experience across multiple devices. Stadia provides players new ways to discover, engage, and connect with content with no download required thanks to our cutting-edge data centers. Our team members are building the tools that will push game development to new levels, reducing the barrier to entry and bringing gaming to everyone. Through the power of Stadia, there is unlimited possibility.
- Distill Stadia Partner technical requirements and use cases into crisp product requirements. Define the experience and technical solutions that would realize these requirements, and build the necessary pieces.
- Work with partners to resolve any technical issues that arise.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.