(Closed) Technical Director, Publishing, Stadia Games and Entertainment
- 10 years of experience in the game industry with titles shipped in a technical leadership position.
- Experience in the optimization and architecture of video game technology and development.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 25% of the time.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
- Knowledge of agile development methodologies (e.g., XP, Scrum, etc.).
- Ability to lead through influence, manage remote teams, and build effective partnerships.
- Ability to recruit and build productive teams and to delegate and empower technical experts in a fast-paced enviroments.
- Excellent leadership, organization, communication, and priority management skills.
About the job
Like Google's own ambitions, the work of a Software Engineer (SWE) goes way beyond just Search. SWE Managers have not only the technical expertise to take on and provide technical leadership to major projects, but also manage a team of engineers. You not only optimize your own code but make sure engineers are able to optimize theirs. As a SWE Manager you manage your project goals, contribute to product strategy and help develop your team. SWE teams work all across the company, in areas such as information retrieval, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, data compression, user interface design; the list goes on and is growing every day. Operating with scale and speed, our exceptional software engineers are just getting started -- and as a manager, you guide the way.
As a Technical Director, you will define the technical strategy for our Second Party produced games. Your role will be to become an expert in the new Stadia platform, challenge the organizations various teams and ensure that the development pipeline is optimal for a wide range of developers.
Stadia is Google’s premier Video Game platform, designed for everyone. We are working on custom built hardware and rapidly evolving open source technology to deliver a seamless gaming experience across multiple devices. Stadia provides players new ways to discover, engage, and connect with content with no download required thanks to our cutting-edge data centers. Our team members are building the tools that will push game development to new levels, reducing the barrier to entry and bringing gaming to everyone. Through the power of Stadia, there is unlimited possibility.
- Define the technological vision for a global portfolio of externally developed exclusive games.
- Define the tech budgets in collaboration with the platform team and suggest improvements to tools and workflows to guarantee efficiency for partner teams.
- Represent Stadia Games and Entertainment as the most senior technical contact for external studios.
- Help define new Stadia platform features to best support innovation in exclusive second-party games.
- Ensure that there is proper documentation and communication of workflows and best practices so that Second Party Development teams are properly trained and can work in a way that is consistent and streamlined.