(Closed) Technical Artist, First-Party Games, Stadia Games/Entertainment
- Experience in technical art in the video game industry or other relevant industry.
- Experience in the full production cycle of a video game.
- Experience with game industry tools (e.g., Unreal, Unity, 3D modeling software, database systems, etc.).
- Experience with shaders, photogrammetry, substance, PBR, etc.
- Track record of successfully achieving superior results.
- Ability to script.
- Ability to take initiative and work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Passion for games.
- Effective communication and organizational skills.
About the job
As a Technical Artist you will bridge the gap between artists and engineers, acting both as an interpreter and a problem-solver. You will work collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary group by representing the art team and by solving technical challenges. Responsibilities include setting up and maintaining workflows, tools, pipelines, optimization but also researching innovative techniques.
Stadia is Google’s premier Video Game platform, designed for everyone. We are working on custom built hardware and rapidly evolving open source technology to deliver a seamless gaming experience across multiple devices. Stadia provides players new ways to discover, engage, and connect with content with no download required thanks to our cutting-edge data centers. Our team members are building the tools that will push game development to new levels, reducing the barrier to entry and bringing gaming to everyone. Through the power of Stadia, there is unlimited possibility.
- Help and support the artistic vision in graphic developments and high visual benchmarks, while respecting the technical constraints.
- Establish clear and optimized pipelines.
- Prepare coherent documentation for tools and procedures.
- Work efficiently with engineers, while representing the artistic vision.