(Closed) Software Engineer, Stadia
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, similar technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in software development in one or more general purpose programming languages.
- Experience developing gaming software and/or in gaming industry.
- Experience with any of the following: web/mobile application development, Unix/Linux environments, distributed/parallel systems, machine learning, natural language processing.
- Master’s degree, PhD, or experience in Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical field.
- Experience with or interest and ability to learn other coding languages.
- Experience developing accessible technologies.
- Experience with more than two of the following: web/mobile application development, Unix/Linux environments, distributed/parallel systems, machine learning, natural language processing, networking, developing large software systems, information retrieval, security software development.
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
Google aspires to be an organization that reflects the globally diverse audience that our products and technology serve. We believe that in addition to hiring the best talent, a diversity of perspectives, ideas, and cultures leads to the creation of better products and services.
Stadia is Google’s premier Video Game platform, designed for everyone. We are working on custom built hardware and rapidly evolving open source technology to deliver a seamless gaming experience across multiple devices. Stadia provides players new ways to discover, engage, and connect with content with no download required thanks to our cutting-edge data centers. Our team members are building the tools that will push game development to new levels, reducing the barrier to entry and bringing gaming to everyone. Through the power of Stadia, there is unlimited possibility.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.