(Closed) Senior Level Designer, First-Party Games, Stadia
- Level design experience with at least one shipped title in the field.
- Experience with level design principles, theories, and their correlation with player experience and satisfaction.
- Experience incorporating data and metrics into design.
- Experience working on a live service game with an understanding of level design best practices for games as a service.
- Knowledge of all aspects and dependencies of level design, including game design and narrative systems.
- Ability to organize and structure work and communicate effectively with a diverse audience.
- Ability to take initiative and work well as part of a team.
- Excellent collaboration skills.
About the job
As a Senior Level Designer, you will work collaboratively within a cross-functional team and own the end-to-end delivery of one or several levels. You’ll participate in defining the vision for level design with the project creative leadership and will be in charge of translating the direction into engaging and immersive experiences always with the player at the forefront.
Stadia is Google’s premier Video Game platform, designed for everyone. We are working on custom built hardware and rapidly evolving open source technology to deliver a seamless gaming experience across multiple devices. Stadia provides players new ways to discover, engage, and connect with content with no download required thanks to our cutting-edge data centers. Our team members are building the tools that will push game development to new levels, reducing the barrier to entry and bringing gaming to everyone. Through the power of Stadia, there is unlimited possibility.
- Manage the technical and design quality of one or several levels.
- Build prototypes to test out new ideas, concepts, gameplay systems, modes, and extract rules and best practices.
- Create the mission design and ensure its consistency with the defined game direction.
- Deliver levels that are technically compliant, make any necessary changes to troubleshoot and address issues.
- Work closely with other team members to define map needs, keep up-to-date the appropriate documentation.