(Closed) Senior Accountant, Stadia
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of relevant work experience in Accounting.
- Consumer hardware and gaming industry experience.
- Combination of public accounting experience as well as industry experience in an operational accounting role.
- Knowledge of U.S. GAAP.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, cross-functional, fast-paced environment and to drive complex operational initiatives.
- Excellent analytical skills, combined with solid business judgment and ability to communicate effectively with management.
About the job
Google accountants are a savvy bunch who handle the core accounting responsibilities at Google. As a member of this team, you know your accounting principles and the full accounting process end to end. You'll advise on financial reports required by governmental regulations, and you'll review, analyze, and interpret financial and budgetary reports -- and all this sounds like fun to you. Every day is a new challenge, and you're continually looking for ways to help our team get better at what we do, in the most efficient way possible. A team player at heart, you collaborate with our global team, advocate best practices and roll up your sleeves to pitch in when it's all hands on deck. You move fast while keeping your attention to detail, and you tap into your problem-solving skills to support Google's business objectives.
Consisting of experienced, creative and driven high performers, our team manages the accounting for Google’s consumer hardware business. We have a preference for those who are enthused to work on collaborative global teams, are well-rounded top performers with exceptional leadership skills, broad financial expertise and have the ability to influence across Google.
As a member of this team, you know your accounting principles and the full accounting process end to end. Every day is a new challenge, and you'll continually looking for ways to help our team get better at what we do, in the most efficient way possible. You'll collaborate with our regional teams, design, implement and manage best practices as well as find efficiencies through centralizing, automating or outsourcing.
The name Google came from "googol," a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
- Design, implement and manage global processes for the accounting of Stadia.
- Prepare and present financials related to month-end close as well any ad-hoc requests from business and product teams.
- Identify opportunities and implement programs to centralize, eliminate, automate or outsource activities. Work with outsourced providers to outsource established or mature processes and manage ongoing activities.
- Partner with our team as well as engineering and business partners, as needed to define, establish and implement revenue accounting systems, processes and procedures.
- Review and provide feedback to ensure we are mitigating risk for Google and work through accounting implications.