(Closed) Release Program Manager, Stadia
About the job
Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus. As a Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders. Your projects often span offices, time zones and hemispheres, and it's your job to keep all the players coordinated on the project's progress and deadlines.
Stadia is the disruptive game streaming technology designed to bring AAA gaming to everybody while maintaining a low cost of entry. Our mission is to expand the creation, access, and enjoyment of ground-breaking interactive entertainment, powered by the best of Google.
The Stadia Release Management team plays a critical role in achieving that mission by defining, refining, and executing on Stadia’s software QA and release process to ensure consistent, high quality releases reach our players.
As a Stadia Release Manager you’ll be at the forefront of gaming technology, helping to define a brand new way for people to play games. In this role, you will demonstrate a passion for creating, adapting, and optimizing release processes to reduce risk, improve efficiency, and delight Stadia’s players.
Stadia is Google’s premier Video Game platform, designed for everyone. We are working on custom built hardware and rapidly evolving open source technology to deliver a seamless gaming experience across multiple devices. Stadia provides players new ways to discover, engage, and connect with content with no download required thanks to our cutting-edge data centers. Our team members are building the tools that will push game development to new levels, reducing the barrier to entry and bringing gaming to everyone. Through the power of Stadia, there is unlimited possibility.
- Manage the day-to-day execution of Stadia’s release management processes, working closely with cross-functional teams to ensure timely software and firmware delivery.
- Track and publish testing results to key stakeholders and provide input and drive resolution of critical decisions related to a release.
- Define and manage a release process and requirements that drives Stadia product excellence.
- Manage and publish Stadia’s release calendar, detailing code freezes, build and update deployments, data updates, and patch windows.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience as a Technical Program Manager or Program Manager.
- Experience managing and coordinating between cross-functional technical teams.
- Experience in Software Release Management process creation and execution.
- Experience automating manual recurring tasks to optimize functions.
- Experience managing release process for complex live service.
- Ability to work with multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.