Product Manager, Developer Tools, Stadia
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of Product Management experience.
- Experience driving product vision, go-to-market strategy, and design discussions.
- Experience with developing facing products or developer tools.
- 5 years of experience in a technical role producing or developing gaming content or tools and middleware.
- Experience with building tools for professional users (e.g., game developers, programmers, or other enterprise customers).
- Experience collaborating with open source communities.
- Experience launching software solutions that meet user needs.
About the job
At Google, we put our users first. The world is always changing so we need Product Managers who are continuously adapting and excited to work on products that affect millions of people every day.
In this role, you will work cross-functionally to guide products from conception to launch by connecting the technical and business worlds. You can break down complex problems into steps that drive product development at Google speed.
One of the many reasons Google consistently brings innovative, world-changing products to market is because of the collaborative work we do in Product Management. Our team works closely with creative and prolific engineers, designers, marketers, etc. to help design and develop technologies that improve access to the world's information. We're responsible for guiding products throughout the execution cycle, focusing specifically on analyzing, positioning, packaging, promoting, and tailoring our solutions to our users.
Stadia is Google’s premier Video Game platform, designed for everyone. We are working on custom built hardware and rapidly evolving open source technology to deliver a seamless gaming experience across multiple devices. Stadia provides players new ways to discover, engage, and connect with content with no download required thanks to our cutting-edge data centers. Our team members are building the tools that will push game development to new levels, reducing the barrier to entry and bringing gaming to everyone. Through the power of Stadia, there is unlimited possibility.
- Drive the product vision and strategy for creating excellent developer tools and developer workflows for the Stadia platform.
- Work closely with Engineering, UX, and Partner Engineering teams to create and deliver a unified vision for next generation developer experiences.
- Work with external partners, including middleware providers, to create shared long-term road maps.
- Understand markets, competition, and user requirements in depth.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.