(Closed) Level Design Director, First-Party Games, Stadia
- Experience in a Level Design Director or similar role throughout all phases of the development process.
- Experience with level design principles, theories and their correlation with player experience and satisfaction.
- Experience working on live service games with a solid understanding of design best practices for games-as-a-service.
- Experience in a different correlated field such as game design, narrative design and scripting.
- Understanding and experience in effectively incorporating data and metrics into level design processes.
- Ability to take the perspective of the user when thinking through solutions and tailor solutions to the user(s), anticipating user needs before they arise or pivoting quickly to address their needs.
- Excellent leadership skills, with a proven ability to recruit, grow, guide, empower and motivate a team.
About the job
Working closely with the Creative Director and other creative leads, you will oversee the content and quality of the game’s level design. You'll be responsible for translating the game vision into a compelling level design direction while always keeping the user at the forefront. You will build and lead the Level Design team, ensuring the level design hits all quality objectives and help inspire the team so that we’re building innovative experience that could only exist on Stadia.
Stadia is Google’s premier Video Game platform, designed for everyone. We are working on custom built hardware and rapidly evolving open source technology to deliver a seamless gaming experience across multiple devices. Stadia provides players new ways to discover, engage, and connect with content with no download required thanks to our cutting-edge data centers. Our team members are building the tools that will push game development to new levels, reducing the barrier to entry and bringing gaming to everyone. Through the power of Stadia, there is unlimited possibility.
- Partner with the Creative Director to create a vision that is innovative and appealing.
- Collaborate with project creatives and technical leads to ensure the project vision is reflected into a compelling, cohesive and qualitative level design direction.
- Clearly communicate the vision to the team and motivate them to make the vision a reality.
- Inspire, guide and support the Game Design team so that the direction is reflected through all stages of design and implementation. Review and validate the work carried out to ensure qualitative and development objectives are met.
- Work closely with production and technical leads to develop a direction that is ambitious yet achievable. Set priorities as well as processes, methods and strategies that enables qualitative and timely delivery.