(Closed) Head of QA and Localization, Stadia
- 10 years of experience in game development, and quality management for AAA gaming.
- 5 years of experience leading vendor operations and working with outsourced partners.
- Experience in compatibility/performance testing, user experience, test driven development, regression, and acceptance testing.
- Experience working with localization content management systems, version control systems, and media localization tools.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field.
- Understanding of the software test cycle process.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and professional manner with internal and external QA partners, as well as Development and Production teams.
About the job
As the Head of QA and Localization for Stadia Games and Entertainment, you'll be responsible for the software quality and localization of our suite of games at Stadia. You will create, adapt, and optimize the QA processes to reduce risk and improve efficiency for the creation of our games. You will be a thought leader and help create new and innovative approaches to QA and Localization by leveraging the power of Google’s technology.
Stadia is Google’s premier Video Game platform, designed for everyone. We are working on custom built hardware and rapidly evolving open source technology to deliver a seamless gaming experience across multiple devices. Stadia provides players new ways to discover, engage, and connect with content with no download required thanks to our cutting-edge data centers. Our team members are building the tools that will push game development to new levels, reducing the barrier to entry and bringing gaming to everyone. Through the power of Stadia, there is unlimited possibility.
- Lead quality ownership for Stadia and work to create and define the highest set of quality standards for our gaming suite.
- Create and implement technology and automation solutions to keep Stadia development process lean and efficient, while operating at the highest standard.
- Work with development partners to streamline processes, improve product quality, and create great games.
- Drive the globalization and localization efforts across teams in collaboration with internal operations teams and vendors.
- Manage all aspects of Quality Assurance – both onsite and offsite – through both the Stadia team members and outside quality partners when necessary.