(Closed) Graphics Experiences Engineering Lead
Locations: New York, NY, USA; Los Angeles, CA, USA.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience in technical leadership and people management.
- Experience with 3D graphics, OpenGL, and high performance rendering.
- Experience in C/C++, Java, or scripting languages.
- 7 years of experience developing clean, valid, and compatible experiences for game development, web, apps, and/or virtual and augmented reality.
- Knowledge of mobile app development on Android or iOS.
About the job
Like Google's own ambitions, the work of a Software Engineer (SWE) goes way beyond just Search. SWE Managers have not only the technical expertise to take on and provide technical leadership to major projects, but also manage a team of engineers. You not only optimize your own code but make sure engineers are able to optimize theirs. As a SWE Manager you manage your project goals, contribute to product strategy and help develop your team. SWE teams work all across the company, in areas such as information retrieval, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, data compression, user interface design; the list goes on and is growing every day. Operating with scale and speed, our exceptional software engineers are just getting started -- and as a manager, you guide the way.
Google is an engineering company at heart. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on users around the world. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, social to local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Integrate graphic experiences within Google's existing user-facing products.
- Implement rendering and animation systems.
- Create prototype proof of concepts for new graphic experiences and use cases.
- Guide technical aspects of development from definition, design, implementation, and integration.