(Closed) Game Tech Lead, Stadia
- 10 years of experience in technical roles at entertainment studios.
- Experience launching and/or shipping entertainment titles.
- Experience building graphics, core, and/or online tech systems for entertainment production.
- Demonstrated experience with technology solutions for Media and Entertainment, with a track record in both internal and customer facing roles.
- Experience managing external and remote development teams.
- Demonstrated understanding of the latest middleware technology for various entertainment platforms.
- Demonstrated understanding of Google products and the broader technology industry with an interest in video games.
- Ability to travel as required.
About the job
The Game Production group on Stadia is the main point of contact for our development partners creating exclusive content for our platform. Producers will help identify development partners, participate in due diligence on these studios, and then work with them to develop their games.
The primary focus will be the evaluation of milestones and coordination with other groups of the Stadia publishing team including Game Tech, QA, Localization, Business Development, Legal, and Marketing. Experience in both publishing and internal game production experience is ideal for this role.
At Google, we set ourselves goals we know we can't reach yet. Our New Business Development team works on game-changing ideas, from technological experiments to the expansion of existing businesses into new territories. We're a team of technologists, entrepreneurs and leaders with an eye for what's next, working across Google to develop products and ideas that revolutionize the way people connect with information.
- Coordinate between multiple game studios and platform requirements.
- Manage a team of technical support engineers.
- Evaluate and troubleshoot technical issues with in-development game software.
- Review technical planning and design documents, validate staffing and tech plans.
- Perform technical due diligence on game development studios.