(Closed) Finance Lead, Stadia Games and Entertainment
- Bachelor's degree in business, economics, finance or accounting, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of relevant work experience.
- MBA or CPA.
- Exceptional experience in finance partnering.
- Experience in the gaming industry or passion for gaming.
- Ability to work comfortably with ambiguity, prioritizing workload and making decisions after accurately assessing business and financial tradeoffs.
- Ability to translate business objectives into actionable financial analyses.
- Excellent communications skills, professional etiquette, business judgment and work ethic. Detail oriented, proactive problem solver with the ability to meet deadlines in a dynamic environment.
About the job
Stadia is Google’s premier video game platform, designed for everyone. We are working to deliver a seamless gaming experience across all of your devices. No download required. Stadia provides players new ways to discover, engage, and connect with content. Our team members are building the tools that will push game development to new levels, reducing the barrier to entry to bring gaming to all. Through the power of Stadia, there is unlimited possibility.
Stadia Games and Entertainment (SG&E) is a new organization within Stadia with the mission of creating truly unique interactive entertainment content that takes advantage of Stadia’s unique hardware and infrastructure. When we started Stadia, our goal was to come up with new ways of building, watching and playing games, and Stadia Games is making the content that will bring that vision to life. We’re defining new types of content and as a member of the SG&E Finance team, you will support all aspects of this complex business and play a key role in pioneering a new generation of entertainment.
The name Google came from "googol," a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
- Demonstrate responsibility for finance support for the first party game development studios of Stadia within Google.
- Support the VP of SG&E as part of their cross-functional staff.
- Report to the overall Business Finance leader for SG&E, and partner closely with other members of the Stadia finance team, Google Devices and Services divisional finance team.
- Drive budgeting, forecasting, project cost tracking and financial strategy for SG&E as the organization builds to scale.