(Closed) Director/Head of Design, Stadia Games and Entertainment
- 10 years of experience in the game industry in creative leadership roles.
- 5 years as VP of creative or design overseeing a portfolio of AAA games.
- Experience shipping recognized games in Creative Director or Lead Design director role.
- Avid player with in-depth knowledge of the game industry.
- Vast cultural knowledge spanning entertainment, literature and music.
- Ability to speak authoritatively about game mechanics and design principles using examples for a wide array of games played.
About the job
As the Director and Head of Design, you will be responsible for quality across all first-party and second-party games within the global Stadia Games and Entertainment portfolio. You will lead a team of designers, user experience researchers, monetization and engagement experts to track and amplify the fun factor and quality of all Stadia Games and Entertainment (SG&E) projects.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices & Services team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Develop guidelines, design principles and best practices to guide content strategy for global games portfolio.
- Work with design leaders to ensure that the customer's voice is at the center of quality decisions. Give quality and design feedback through the game development stage-gate process. Audit projects and mitigate risk from a quality perspective.
- Define best practices for user experience testing functions and process for first- and second-party content appreciation testing. Work with data analytics team to distill data on player needs and translate data into useful feedback.
- Define the five-year roadmap and strategy for games and platform. Lead a team of design specialists who will ensure that business model objectives are translated into player-centric design guidelines.
- Build and operate design internship program and school partnerships to ensure we have a pipeline into up-and-coming talent.