(Closed) Art Director, Publishing, Stadia Games and Entertainment
- Bachelor's degree in Fine Arts, related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience working on AAA games as an Art Director or Lead Artists.
- Experience shipping multiple AAA video game titles.
- Experience with industry standard software like Maya, 3DS Max, Softimage, ZBrush, MudBox, and Adobe Creative Suite toolset.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with artists, designers, programmers.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Excellent creative vision and a collaborative work ethic.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 25% of the time.
About the job
As a User Experience (UX) leader, you help define and drive the future of Google design. You identify and set product strategy, envision complex UX ecosystems and inspire teams to push the boundaries of what’s possible. You possess a clear vision of the future of user experience and have the courage to pursue forward-thinking design.
In this role, you will apply your passion for brand, craft, and design fidelity to guide research and design processes, mentor talented members of your team, and collaborate with leaders of other UX and Engineering teams to create innovative experiences across all of Google’s products.
As an Art Director at Stadia Games and Entertainment, you will actively participate in the definition, maintenance and development of the artistic vision for a portfolio of second party games. You will work with the Art Directors and Lead Artists at external development studios, to achieve visual excellence and to hit the different visual target milestones and guide them to transform concept to reality.
Stadia is Google’s premier Video Game platform, designed for everyone. We are working on custom built hardware and rapidly evolving open source technology to deliver a seamless gaming experience across multiple devices. Stadia provides players new ways to discover, engage, and connect with content with no download required thanks to our cutting-edge data centers. Our team members are building the tools that will push game development to new levels, reducing the barrier to entry and bringing gaming to everyone. Through the power of Stadia, there is unlimited possibility.
- Support and guide the different external teams to set the artistic vision and artistic standards of the highest quality.
- Collaborate to establish the visual guidelines for the game and work closely with external teams to maximize the visual quality of titles on the Stadia Platform.
- Collaborate with Stadia tools and central tech teams to define pipelines and workflows for artists.
- Develop a clear and consistent feedback communication framework that helps keep remote teams all in sync and moving forward.