(Closed) Art Director, First Party, Stadia Games and Entertainment
- Bachelor's degree in Fine Arts, related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience working on AAA games in Art Direction or Lead Artists positions.
- Experience shipping multiple AAA video game titles of high quality and varied styles.
- Experience in traditional art fundamentals (i.e., composition, form, light, shade, color, detail).
- Ability to effectively collaborate with artists, designers, programmers.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Excellent creative vision and a collaborative work ethic.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 25% of the time.
About the job
As a User Experience (UX) leader, you help define and drive the future of Google design. You identify and set product strategy, envision complex UX ecosystems and inspire teams to push the boundaries of what’s possible. You possess a clear vision of the future of user experience and have the courage to pursue forward-thinking design.
In this role, you will apply your passion for brand, craft, and design fidelity to guide research and design processes, mentor talented members of your team, and collaborate with leaders of other UX and Engineering teams to create innovative experiences across all of Google’s products.
As the Art Director is you will define the artistic vision to support and enrich the game’s creative vision in AAA titles developed for Stadia. You will provide artistic direction, leadership, and guidance, collaborating with a cross-discipline group of artists, designers, programmers and more, to transform concept to reality.
Stadia is Google’s premier Video Game platform, designed for everyone. We are working on custom built hardware and rapidly evolving open source technology to deliver a seamless gaming experience across multiple devices. Stadia provides players new ways to discover, engage, and connect with content with no download required thanks to our cutting-edge data centers. Our team members are building the tools that will push game development to new levels, reducing the barrier to entry and bringing gaming to everyone. Through the power of Stadia, there is unlimited possibility.
- Work closely with the creative core to define the vision of the game.
- Define the artistic vision and set artistic standards of the highest quality.
- Create the visual guidelines for the game and work closely with the other departments to ensure consistency.
- Guide the different art leads, artists, freelancers, and external partners in delivering high quality assets.