(Closed) Studio Engineering Manager
We are currently looking for a skilled & passionate Studio Engineering Manager to become part of and direct Tech Units within our Studio Rainbow Unicorn.
Those Tech Units are the heart of the Studio, driven by the passion to develop the best infrastructure & tech applications for our web and mobile games. As the Studio Engineering Manager, you will direct a team of 20 to 25 developers and will report directly to the VP Live Operations.
With your deep understanding of building digital products and software development, you will constantly optimize our complex game code in consideration of all requirements and stakeholders.
Contribute to one of the biggest gaming companies in Germany and become part of Goodgame Studios as a Studio Engineering Manager!
- Ensure efficient and reliable game software development and it’s live operation
- Build high scalable and complex technical solutions in close cooperation with the Studio Directors as well as with Product Owners
- Lead a world-class team of engineers and be responsible for recruiting & hiring new team members and freelancers
- Motivate your teams to achieve optimal collaboration through your professional demeanor
- Draft architectural decisions and ensure reliable and state-of-the-art products
- Collaborate with designers to ship new components and features in-time and in-quality
- Work within an international environment with an agile working culture using methodologies such as SCRUM or Kanban
- Very proficient in developing high-scalable software products, preferably in Java, Java-Script, Typescript and Unity
- Deep knowledge about Software Architecture and Infrastructure setups in the cloud (e.g. AWS)
- Write well-structured, efficient and maintainable code and actively keep the quality of the codebase in check
- Deep understanding of data messaging and microservices
- Worked in a leading role in a fast-changing environment before and feel comfortable with people management topics
- Think and act like an entrepreneur and take decisions based on important business metrics
WHY JOIN US
- You join a supportive team in a pragmatic, yet challenging environment, with short communication processes and flat hierarchies, perfect for growing your skills.
- You will be working with multidisciplinary colleagues from the entire production lifecycle, developing and operating two very successful free-to-play games on mobile and web.
- The team has many years of experience with live operations and a long-term strategy that keeps the players‘ excitement and engagement in mind.
- Yet we are not set in our ways. We value employee contribution and you can have a real impact on the way we develop and operate our games.
- While it’s critical to keep our games running 24/7, we take work-life balance very seriously: We’re proud to say that crunch-time is a very rare exception.