(Closed) Social Media Manager, Esports
About the Position
The Social Media Manager, is a highly motivated and creative individual with a passion for Esports. To succeed, you will have an understanding of the Esports industry and thrive in a high pressure environment. You will craft organic and improvisational content, and find outstanding ways to use and improve our creative assets. In this role, you will be responsible for all aspects of our social media, including creating content, analyzing social media trends, and leading social media projects. You will work closely with both of our Esports teams on driving initiatives and programs, and with the GSW team on aligning brands and opportunities.
This is a full-time position located in Los Angeles, CA.
- Lead all Esports social media content and strategy efforts including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Grow and build our fan base while maintaining the quality and relationships of our followers
- Manage all social platform side of specific projects focusing in coordination with the franchise teams, internal groups, outside agencies, and external vendors
- Develop and lead the Esports voice on all platforms and drive followers and engagement on main social channels
- Craft and implement media and content strategies for the Esports teams
- Run and coordinate the editorial calendar and ensure consistent brand messaging and clear communications across all media, including advertising materials and promotional copy
- Analyze data using analytic platforms to develop a social media strategy, identify trends, provide social media insight and advising, and execute your recommendations to build results
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in broadcasting, production, marketing, or related field, or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of social media marketing experience ideally in the Esports or gaming industry with a proven track record of increased engagement and growing audiences
- Experience using Adobe Suite such as Photoshop and Premiere
- Real passion for social media and fan/customer engagement online, including in-depth knowledge of social media platforms, market trends, methodologies, and tools of the trade
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to translate data into relevant insights
- Strategic thinker with outstanding work ethic, communication and leadership skills
- Dedicated to staying informed on all the trends across digital marketing with an emphasis on social media tools and platforms
- Excellent project management and interpersonal skills with meticulous attention to detail and ability to prioritize tasks at a time
- Ability to build positive relationships with natural teamwork skills and delegation in a growing team
- Strong written and verbal communications skills with the ability to learn and provide solutions for issues
Golden State Warriors is an equal opportunity employer.
We will ensure that qualified applicants with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Want to learn more about who we are and what we value? Visit our employment page.