(Closed) Marketing Strategist, Esports
About the Position
Reporting to the Director of Esports Operations for the Golden State Warriors, the Marketing Strategist, Esports is responsible for helping to improve the new Esports brands. In this role, you will assist in reaching our target audience better by developing strategies for a variety of marketing campaigns, from social and digital awareness campaigns, partnered campaigns, to merchandise and event campaigns. To help drive that strategy, you will use your creativity and passion with data analysis and competitive analysis to build and execute reports and collaborate with teams. Additionally, you will have an opportunity to partner with the broader GSW team to improve their own skills and style.
This is a full-time position and is located in Los Angeles, CA.
- Work with the Creative Director and Social Media Manager to build strategies for marketing campaigns
- Perform data analysis on digital and social platforms, mainly from the platforms: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, and YouTube
- Execute and prioritize research projects, including both qualitative and quantitative research and clearly present data-informed insights to teams
- Partner with team to build look/feel for Golden Guardians, Warriors Gaming Squad
- Coordinate and maintain content channels to ensure they are optimized for the platform and assist with developing paid social media campaigns
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree from four-year college or university, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3+ years in a related marketing strategy role (Agency experience preferred)
- Outstanding quantitative and qualitative analysis skills, especially using social data and tools, and surveying platforms such as Survey Monkey
- Creative analytical skills and data-driven thinking with a passion for building positive relationships and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks at a time
- Highly motivated with strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to be independent with strong communication skills and take initiative with the desire to work for a state of the art and growing team
- Familiar with Esports, league of legends preferred
Golden State Warriors is an equal opportunity employer.
We will ensure that qualified applicants with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Want to learn more about who we are and what we value? Visit our employment page.