(Closed) Manager, Partnerships
The Golden State Warriors are looking for a driven, revenue generating focused contributor to join the organization as Manager, Partnerships. This ambitious and proactive individual will focus on generating and developing new sponsorship sales revenue and is expected to play a significant role within the Warriors partnerships team. This role reports directly to the Sr. Director, Partnerships.
Are you a creative problem solver? If so, then this is the role for you! This is an excellent opportunity to share your expertise while learning more about a growing and exciting sports and entertainment organization that values your initiative, creativity and dedication.
This is a full-time position based in San Francisco CA.
- Research, identify and track sponsorship prospects and organizations, regionally, nationally, and internationally within key target industries and segments
- Prospect, pitch and close new sponsorship deals in support of individual and department sponsorship sales revenue goals across multiple properties which may include: Golden State Warriors (NBA), Chase Center, Golden Guardians and Warriors Gaming Squad (Esports), Santa Cruz Warriors (NBA G League), and additional properties to be determined
- Build and maintain robust list of prospective sponsorship targets
- Develop and build strong relationships by executing against short-term and long-term strategic sponsorship sales plans
- Lead sponsorship sales presentations and meetings on a regular basis with internal and external partners representing the organization's best interests
- Team with Warriors partnership development account managers to ensure fulfillment of client deliverables
- Provide weekly reporting and communication of various sales-related metrics including pipeline generation, account status, revenue and quota attainment status, and relevant sponsor interaction
Required Experience & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business Administration or related field
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience working in sales and business development for a sports and entertainment company with a track record of achieving and exceeding sales goals
- Experience developing and selling fully integrated sponsorship packages utilizing a variety of assets including, but not limited to, entitlement and naming rights, in-venue visibility, digital media, broadcast media, and social media
- Experience developing engaging and impactful sales plan and presentations, promotional campaigns, and proposals
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills; ability to collaborate, influence and cultivate relationships within a multitude of business environments
- Demonstrated eye for business and a historically successful track record with relationship building, proposal ideation/creation, and contract negotiation
- Strong work ethic; willing to go above and beyond to deliver
- Minimal travel with the ability to attend and work Warriors home games and other special events required
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Golden State Warriors is an equal opportunity employer.