Business Development Manager
The Business Development Manager helps to bring the best of Windows, Mac, and Linux games to GOG.com by building and maintaining close relationships with both developers and publishers from indie to AAA. The Business Development team at GOG.com serves as the “face” of our company to the industry, and you will play an important and visible role both internally and around the gaming community as a driving force of our overall business.
Our company has grown a lot and has greatly expanded our mission since starting in 2008 but in many ways, we are still in the “building” phase of plan - you will find a company that is always open to new ideas and new ways of doing things. You will have an opportunity to make an impact here both in your direct line of work and, should you choose to do so, on the entire GOG organization and beyond. We can teach you a lot about how things have worked in the past, but it will be your knowledge, taste, humor, spirit, and - importantly - ability to thrive in an ambiguous and changing industry which will define your own success in the role.
COVID-19 Pandemic Note: The pandemic has changed the current performance of this role to the work-from-home / remote model. When it becomes safe to do so, we intend to return to an in-office model along with opportunities for off-site business meetings, domestic travel, and international travel most notably to our Warsaw, Poland headquarters. We will gladly discuss any issues and concerns regarding this - as we work to navigate the current reality together.
- Establish and maintain close relationships with key developers and publishers across North America and beyond.
- Identify, negotiate and sign the best games for GOG audience and then work with the rights holders hand-in-hand to support their releases on our platform. This position is a mix of business development and account management, so the ability and interest to interface (emails, phone calls, video chats, and in-person meetings) and communicate with partners is crucial.
- Your regular tasks would include:
- Developing forecasts and P&Ls for the evaluation of new opportunities
- Creating and delivering presentations for external partners to communicate our value proposition and business proposals
- Reaching out to new potential partners and establishing a business relationship
- Periodic check-ins with existing partners to ensure successful long-term operations·
- Daily communication with GOG's global team (based in Warsaw, Poland) to ensure close collaboration and synchronization on global business development operations and the company’s strategy.
- At least 2 year of professional experience in a position involving at least half of the above-mentioned responsibilities. The more international the experience, the better!
- Passion for games and gaming culture with a good understanding of the digital distribution scene, its key players and trends. You must have an intuitive understanding of the medium and have you finger on gaming’s pulse.
- Knowledge of the developers and publishers scene. The recent and upcoming hits? The hidden gems? You need to know them all!
- Honesty, passion, creativity. These are not only our values, but the adjectives that describe your profile best.
- A highly collaborative, proactive and hard working approach with the ability to self motivate within an entrepreneurial environment and without a heavy corporate structure.
- Solid organization skills, combined with an ability to prioritize your work to meet deadlines.
- Strong communication skills - with different time zones coming into play, it’s crucial that we stay aligned. We believe excellent communication is the key. Expect that most of the collaboration with HQ will take place in the first part of the day.
- Ability to handle P&Ls and treat numbers as your friends.
- Ability to travel, including international travel to our Warsaw HQ.
- General business software knowledge: PowerPoint, Excel, and Google Suite
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A unique opportunity to enter a booming industry and to influence the future of digital distribution.
- A gamer’s paradise where you will be surrounded by games - living & breathing them!
- A great, laid-back work atmosphere in our team.
- The chance to work in an international environment with exceptional experts.
- Social activities and interesting goodies are standard.
- Free access to CD PROJEKT RED & GOG.com games.
If you think you’ve got what it takes, please submit your CV and cover letter (in English).
Please be informed that we reserve the right to contact only selected applicants.
Information on the processing of your personal data:
Your personal data controller is GOG sp. z o.o. with its registered seat located in Warsaw, Poland, ul. Jagiellońska 74, 03-301 Warszawa. Your personal data will be processed in order to invite you to our recruitment process and to conduct the process, which includes negotiating conditions of employment. We respect your privacy rights i.e. the right to access, rectify and delete your data, limit its processing, transfer it, and the right not to be a subject to automated decision-making, including profiling, and to object to the processing of your personal data (you will find more details about the processing of your personal data in this privacy notice).
Please include the following statement in your application: ‘I hereby consent to the processing of personal data in my application by GOG sp. z o.o. with its registered seat in Warsaw for the ongoing recruitment process.’