Sr Software Engineer - Unity
Glu Mobile (NASDAQ:GLUU) is a leading global developer and publisher of free-to-play games for smartphone and tablet devices. Glu is focused on creating compelling original IP games such as Cooking Dash, Deer Hunter, Covet Fashion, Design Home, Racing Rivals, TAP Sports Baseball, and branded IP games including Kim Kardashian: Hollywood, on the App Store, Google Play, Amazon Appstore, Facebook, Mac App Store, and Windows Phone. We have worldwide studios in North America, Russia and India. Our headquarters are in the heart of the bustling SOMA district of San Francisco.
At our CrowdStar studio, we believe that there is a huge opportunity in interactive entertainment products for women, and CrowdStar’s goal is to build products which engage, enrich and empower them.
With our two top grossing titles, Covet Fashion and Design Home, CrowdStar has developed new ways for users (players) to enjoy fashion and interior design. Not only are we changing how women game, we’re also changing how they discover and shop for everything from clothing to shoes, or furniture to home decor. As a team, we are passionate not only about creating fun and engaging games for women but enriching lives outside of the game.
We are looking for an experienced Unity developer to help build an unannounced mobile title.
- Design and implement new systems and pipelines
- Optimize and fine tune code for performance
- Work closely with QA to help define test cases
- Maintain existing codebase with other team members
- Tackle new challenges that arise during development
- 4+ years of recent Unity development experience
- Great working knowledge of OOP, design patterns, algorithms, and data structures
- Experience with multi-threaded development
- Experience with prototyping
- Flexibility and willingness to learn new technologies as needed
- Ability to work well as part of a collaborative development team
- Great problem-solving skills, flexibility, and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Passionate about building games that will be played by millions around the world
- BS or equivalent coursework (AS, training, or work experience) in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with 3D/Shaders/OpenGL
- Experience with mobile development (iOS/Android)
- Experience with tool development
- Experience with test-driven development