Sr. Software Engineer, Internal Tools (PHP)
At our Crowdstar studio in our San Francisco office, we believe that there is huge opportunity in interactive entertainment products for women, and Crowdstar’s goal is to build products which engage, enrich and empower them. With our two top grossing titles, Covet Fashion and Design Home, Crowdstar has developed new ways for players to enjoy fashion and interior design. Not only are we changing how women game, we’re also changing how they discover and shop for everything from clothing to shoes, or furniture to home decor. As a team we are passionate not only about creating fun and engaging games for women but enriching lives outside of the game.
We are looking for a Sr. Software Engineer to help take us to the next level.
In this position, you will be exposed to using PHP to build and maintain internal tools vital to Covet Fashion in a fast-paced environment.
- 5+ years of PHP, JS, HTML and CSS development experience in a fast-paced environment with short project deadlines
- Strong object oriented programming skills
- Strong experience building web-based tools and CMS
- Strong experience building LAMP based server-side REST and/or RPC APIs
- Strong experience with relational databases
- Strong experience with PHP and JS debugging and testing
- Experience with PHP and JS profiling and optimization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent teamwork and problem-solving skills, flexibility, and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Passionate about building games that will be played by millions around the world
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Engineering, or 3+ years experience
- Experience with leading PHP frameworks like Laravel/Lumen, Symfony, Zend Framework, etc.
- Experience with leading JS frameworks like Vue.js, Angular, React.js, etc.
- Experience breaking down monolithic code into microservices
- Experience with Git, SVN and/or some other version control systems
- Experience with Linux shell scripting
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with AWS or similar cloud platform
All qualified applicants wil l receive consideration for employment. Glu is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We welcome people of different backgrounds and experiences to ensure a diverse and inclusive workplace.