Sr Game Designer
Games have a special place in everyone’s life. Our goal is to become a part of our player’s life that extends beyond the screens.
At our Crowdstar studio, we believe that there is a huge opportunity in interactive entertainment products for women. With our successful mobile game titles, Covet Fashion and Design Home, Crowdstar has developed new ways for players to enjoy fashion and interior design. As a team, we are passionate not only about creating fun and engaging games for women but enriching lives outside the game.
The Design Home team is a fun, diverse group working on a mobile game that appears consistently in the Top 50 on the app store, generating over $176M in annual revenue in 2019, and played by millions of players every month.
We're looking for a Sr Game Designer who can be a voice that drives metrics-driven game design, ensuring strong engagement, retention, virality, and monetization. You will be helping to optimize the player experience, designing game features and helping to drive important decisions that impact development. You have experience designing for titles in all stages of development, from prototyping, through production, to live operations.
You will have a passion for working closely with a team of Game and User Interface Designers as they work with User Research and PM Teams to form a vision for the future of Design Home. You are familiar with all the top mobile titles, and bring that wealth of knowledge to bear on content creation, with a deep understanding of the casual player. The ideal candidate is both creatively- and strategically-minded, able to make innovative use of game features in order to craft fun and polished challenges.
You will work directly with the Design Home development team distributed between the San Francisco and Toronto offices, from the Toronto location and become a core part of the team leading the studio’s data-driven product design initiatives.
What you'll be doing:
- Drive the design, bringing creativity, vision, market knowledge, design experience and a collaborative working style to become a key design leader on the team.
- Provide clear and concise communication of the product vision, design approaches and requirements to team members, product owners, senior management and other relevant key partners through documentation, presentations and visual tools to convey key concepts, mechanics and systems required.
- Develop features for core gameplay, retention, and engagement that monetize and motivate players through amazing game experiences and highly enjoyable progression.
- Observe and analyze user testing and analytics to recommend design solutions and improve/fix design features during the life of the product as a service.
- Embrace a metrics-driven approach to game design, learning from user data to ensure excellent retention, monetization, and meaningful social connections in the game design.
- Participate in design reviews/evaluations on a regular basis. Respond to emergent QA and design issues/problems in development and ensure these are addressed to meet product goals and release plan targets
You'll be a great if you have:
- 4+ years of free-to-play game design experience on mobile platforms or the web.
- Excellent analytical, communication and organizational skills required
- Experience prototyping via wireframe UI/UX mock-ups required
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated and work independently
- Strong understanding of the player journey and how it maps to various features within games
- Familiarity with working well in an agile manner with Product Managers, UI Designers, Producers, QA Testers and Engineers to efficiently deliver excellent games while working within the requirements and constraints of technology, schedule and budget
- Ability to rapidly generate and refine fun game mechanics with compelling and relatable themes
- Commitment to quality on-time execution and team collaboration
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills essential