Senior UX Researcher
Glu Mobile (NASDAQ:GLUU), the leader in development of high-fidelity free-to-play mobile games, is seeking a Senior User Experience Researcher.
We are looking for a passionate Senior User Experience Researcher who can refine and optimize the practice of research with machine learning and AI. In this role, you will be working side by side with studio leads, producers, designers, engineers, product managers and product marketing managers to define how creative marketing and ad research can be effectively optimized. You will be able to validate ad concepts, inform creative content design, positioning and measurement across our products in our portfolio. You will be able to formulate and define protocols to optimize research practices at Glu.
What will you do in this role
- Identify and define opportunities to optimize current research practices through the use of cutting-edge machine learning and natural language processing techniques
- Oversee research operation efforts to improve how research is conducted at Glu.
- Analyze large data sets of player behavior and attitudes and interpret their journeys from acquisition to engagement
- Expertly collect and report on qualitative and quantitative data from research methodologies like market studies, clickstream analysis, playtests, diary studies, segmentations, surveys or data from other games and advertiser platforms.
- Report actionable insights to game development and marketing teams that inform marketing and game design decisions
- Play the games in development regularly and contribute to design discussions and feedback sessions
- Lead the full life-cycle of research projects from study design to data reporting to following up with teams on how they are acting on the insights
- Design, write and code efficient surveys that tap in to both the Glu audience and outside audiences
- Keep track of budgets and product marketing roadmaps alongside studio marketing leads
- Investigate and report on new methodologies to optimize research operations with the larger team
- Conduct heuristic or expert evaluations of competitor titles
- Brief vendors and stakeholders for externally run studies
- Liaise with various Glu departments, such as legal, customer service, user acquisition, and analytics for the purpose of research
What you need for this role
- 4 years’ experience leading user experience research projects in the marketing, gaming and mobile app space, or equivalent relevant experience.
- - BA, BS, MS, MBA, MFA or PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Data Science, Economics, HCI, Human Factors, Design, or related field
- - Expert understanding of behavioral data analysis, quantitative research, experimental research, and applied statistics
- - Familiarity with or interest in the application of Data Analysis, Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing techniques in Research.
- - Excellent communication skills including the ability to visualize data in unique ways, present evidence and make recommendations to development teams (i.e. PowerPoint, Keynote or other infographic tool)
- - Familiarity with data manipulation skills (i.e. Excel, SQL, SPSS, Python) is recommended.
- - Must possess interest in games, game design and free to play economies for a wide variety of genres
- - Passion for helping teams create the best possible user experiences by informing great design with great data
- - Interest in exploring cutting edge methodologies or applying research methodologies and optimization strategies from other fields to gaming.
Bonus Skill Sets
- Tableau, R, Python and light scripting