Senior Server Engineer
Glu Mobile (NASDAQ: GLUU) is a leading global developer and publisher of free-to-play games for smartphone and tablet devices. Glu is focused on creating compelling original IP games such as COOKING DASH, DEER HUNTER, RACING RIVALS, TAP SPORTS BASEBALL and TAP SPORTS FOOTBALL, and branded IP games including KIM KARDASHIAN: HOLLYWOOD, TERMINATOR GENYSIS: REVOLUTION, and MISSION IMPOSSIBLE: ROGUE NATION on the App Store, Google Play, Amazon Appstore, Facebook, Mac App Store, and Windows Phone
- Design and implement new systems and pipelines Maintain existing codebase with other team members
- Be a highly technical, hands-on coder, tackle new challenges that arise during development
- Ensure agile, test driven development, meeting quality requirements on time Hold your own in technical discussion, be a subject matter expert, and have strategic influence
- Coordinate geographically distributed teams.
- Provide direction and assistance to the entire team in areas related to client-server development.
- Adhere to development standards and practices related to server engineering. Produce and maintain design documentation and run books related to service operation.
- Stay abreast of new developments and technologies related to building scalable game servers.
- Contribute to the studio’s on-going technological growth in building and operating evergreen titles.
- Review and report on competing products from a technological perspective.
- Work closely with technical leadership in identifying and planning engineering strategy.
- Be a notably strong team member
- Proven ability to develop and ship high quality software products Excellent Java programming skills including multi-threaded server programming, data-structures, algorithms and NoSQL databases
- Knowledge on Amazon Web Services (AWS) Experience with Java EE engineering practices and frameworks.
- Experience building highly scalable, highly available back-end services Familiarity with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB or DynamoDB Familiarity with caching technologies such as Memcached or Redis Experience with continuous integration and deployment
- Experience with Agile development methodologies Experience with test automation and test-driven development practices
- Comfortable operating at all layers of the stack, from client to server
- Demonstrably strong practical knowledge of traditional computer science principles Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Strong believer in test-driven development.
Nice To Have
- Experience with GoLang / Python Knowledge of Linux
- Past experience on live systems.
- Experience configuring and using Perforce, TeamCity, Crucible, and JIRA.
- Experience with Google Cloud Service Experience with IAP validation, Ad validation Working knowledge of A/B testing engine
- Working knowledge of Machine Learning