At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We bring great entertainment to people around the world and deliver new games, new experiences, and new ways to play. In a time when we need to stay physically apart, it’s amazing to see how people are using games as a way to connect. We are adapting and forging ahead in service of our players by expanding our teams and hiring.
At the CrowdStar studio, we believe that there is a huge opportunity in interactive entertainment products for women, and our goal is to build products which engage, enrich and empower them.
With our two top grossing titles, Covet Fashion and Design Home, CrowdStar has developed new ways for users (players) to enjoy fashion and interior design. Not only are we changing how women game, we’re also changing how they discover and shop for everything from clothing to shoes, or furniture to home decor. As a team, we are passionate not only about creating fun and engaging games for women but enriching lives outside of the game.
We are looking for a Senior Mobile Engineer to integrate with our team of Unity Developers working on the hit mobile game - Design Home. Work with our engineering team to develop and support core features of our game client, as well as integrate the client with our extensive and unique set of in-house tools. Help drive and mentor the engineering team through feature design, implementation, and debugging processes to deliver robust code consistently. Collaborate on and promote a thriving company culture that features online happy hours, social events, and game jams/hack-a-thons.
- Work with the client engineering team to help build and own robust, scalable core systems, and refactor existing systems.
- Be able to make quick, reasonable estimates for new feature work, as well as propose alternatives to save on implementation time.
- Work with web server engineers to design, build, and debug network features.
- Identify and drive improvements to the client codebase.
- Contribute to and uphold good production processes and coding practices.
- Mentor junior members of the team on good architecture and coding practices.
- 5+ years of professional experience with 2+ years of recent Unity experience.
- Experience with Unity’s UGui UI system.
- Good knowledge of optimizing Unity for maximum performance.
- Self-motivated, reliable, resourceful, and capable of solving problems with limited support.
- Ability to ship high quality, bug-free code under a deadline with little to no guidance.
- Expertise with OOP, design patterns, algorithms, and data structures.
- Strong problem solving skills, flexibility, and ability to multitask.
- Experience in managing or mentoring others.
- Experience with native platform development.
- Experience with building and maintaining custom shaders.
- Experience with a scripting language such as Python or NodeJS.
- Hands-on experience with some backend development.
- Experience working on large teams with established processes.
About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.