Senior Consumer Researcher
We are looking for a passionate and data driven senior consumer researcher who can take on a semi-embedded role with one of our studios. You will be working side by side with studio leads, producers, designers, engineers, artists and product managers helping to inform game feature roadmaps, player profiling and media targeting, as well as the overall player experience. You will own/lead your research roadmap and be accountable for deliverables in your specific POD while collaborating with the central research team about other products in the portfolio.
What you will do in this role:
- Lead a game title’s research roadmap, including the full lifecycle of research projects, and serve as a strategic partner to drive impactful changes in both game development, product and marketing
- Play games in development and contribute to design discussions and brainstorming sessions
- Expertly collect, analyze, and report on quantitative research (segmentation, discrete choice modeling, etc.) from small and large surveys, navigate and analyze large data sets of player behavior
- Write, code and optimize surveys that tap in to both the Glu audience and outside audiences
- Conduct qualitative research (diary studies, playtests, focus groups, usability tests) as needed
- Own and manage research budgets and research roadmaps alongside studio leads
- Investigate and report on new methods, run both formal and informal meetings and training sessions with the central research team
- Conduct heuristic or expert evaluations of competitor titles
- Help improve our processes, best practices, learning capabilities, especially on the quantitative front
- Liaise with various Glu departments, such as legal, customer service, user acquisition, and analytics for the purpose of research
What you need for this role:
- 5+ years’ experience leading quantitative research projects in the gaming, mobile app or tech space
- A degree in the field of research, statistics, business/marketing or social sciences. MBA is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills and statistical literacy (Excel, SPSS, R), and expertise navigating and manipulating large and complex data sets. Practical experience in SQL is a plus.
- Proficiency in survey design and remote testing platforms (Qualtrics, Alchemer, etc.)
- Skill and creativity for selecting the right mix of methods to provide actionable insights to research questions and business goals, and the capacity to pilot new methods when relevant.
- Excellent communication and data visualization skills, including the ability to convey complex concepts clearly and persuasively to a variety of audiences, both verbally and in writing.
- Genuine interest in games, game design and free to play economies for a wide variety of genres including sport and RPG.
- Proven track record for close team collaboration and influencing outcomes with a well-informed direction.
- Seasoned and strategic multitasker with a hands-on approach and outside-the-box attitude.
- Ability and desire to influence stakeholders, bias towards action.
- Interest in piloting cutting edge methodologies or applying research methodologies from other fields to the evaluation of games
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more!
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.