Glu Toronto, a subsidiary of Glu Mobile (NASDAQ: GLUU), is currently seeking a Contract QA Tester to work in our downtown Toronto game development studio. Our team has years of experience and a track record of success including top freemium iOS & Android games like Kim Kardashian: Hollywood, Covet Fashion, Design Home, Diner Dash Adventures.
The QA Tester will work closely with the QA Manager, Production, Development, and Design Teams to ensure our mobile game software is of the highest quality in functionality, usability, and fun. This position is a strong start to a great career in QA, gaming, and software development as we offer many opportunities for our testers to grow and advance within the department.
- Testing iOS and Android mobile game software for functionality, usability, and performance
- Defect logging, tracking, and resolution within JIRA throughout the agile development process
- Writing and updating, both accurate and valid test cases for the creation of test plans
- Executing test plans while accurately documenting test results and all relevant test artifacts
- Manage the bug database and backlogs to ensure bug accuracy, priority, status, and severity
- Interact with Development, Production, and Design teams to help solve technical problems, perform quality assessments, and identify risk
- Work closely with the team to analyze, plan, and report on project schedules and timelines
- Assist in monitoring of customer feedback channels to proactively identify production issues
- Contribute improvements to the QA departments quality process and test methodology
- Assist in the tracking and enforcement of quality metrics, KPI, objectives and criteria
- Server-side performance and load testing, server specific testing and bug verification
- Assist in writing scripts and tools for automated UI testing, unit testing, data validation
If all of this sounds exciting to you, we’ve found that those with these passions and qualities were best setup for success. If you have a passion for:
- Attention to detail and able to find all those pesky bugs!
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English
- Meticulous and analytical; able to troubleshoot, isolate and debug issues for root cause analysis
- Creative problem solving
- Scripting or programming, to delve deeper into grey/white box testing opportunities
- A passion for mobile gaming; gaming as a hobby, as a form of art and a design challenge!
And your skills and experience include:
- 1 to 3 years previous experience with QA, software, or testing is an asset
- Familiarity with game design
- Familiarity with Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and Agile Methodologies
- Experience with test case management software such as TestRail
- Experience with bug tracking systems such as JIRA
- Knowledge of iOS and Android platforms
- Must be available to periodically work overtime or on weekends, depending on project needs