Manager, Software Engineering - Clients
CrowdStar is a Glu Mobile studio and now part of the Electronic Arts family. The combination of our talented teams at Glu and EA position us as a leader in the largest gaming category in the world. We are forming a powerful growth engine that will expand our current games and deliver more amazing new experiences across sports, lifestyle, mid-core, and casual for players everywhere. Come join us!
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We bring great entertainment to people around the world and deliver new games, new experiences, and new ways to play. In a time when we need to stay physically apart, it’s amazing to see how people are using games as a way to connect. We are adapting and forging ahead in service of our players by expanding our teams and hiring.
At the CrowdStar studio, we believe that there is a huge opportunity in interactive entertainment products for women, and our goal is to build products which engage, enrich and empower them.
With our two top grossing titles, Covet Fashion and Design Home, CrowdStar has developed new ways for our players to enjoy fashion and interior design. Not only are we changing how women game, we’re also changing how they discover and shop for everything from clothing to shoes, or furniture to home decor. As a team, we are passionate not only about creating fun and engaging games for women but enriching lives outside of the game.
We are looking for a Lead Software Engineer to manage a team of Unity Developers working on the hit mobile game - Design Home. Guide and develop the careers of a highly talented group of engineers. Work closely with Production, Product Management, Content and Art teams to help plan, architect, oversee, and implement exciting new features. Drive and mentor the engineering team through feature design, implementation, and debugging processes to deliver robust code consistently. Collaborate on and promote a thriving company culture that features happy hours, social events, and game jams/hack-a-thons.
You’ll most often:
- Meet regularly with client engineers to provide 1:1 career guidance and support.
- Work closely with the client engineering team to plan, architect, and help build large-scale game features.
- Lead and coach the engineering team in establishing and maintaining a robust roadmap driven by accurate, reliable task estimates. Be able to make quick, reasonable estimates for new feature work, as well as propose alternatives to save on implementation time.
- Identify and drive improvements to the codebase both individually and through process.
- Contribute to Build, Embody, and uphold good production processes and coding practices.
- Mentor younger members of the team on architecture and good coding practices.
You’ll be a great fit for this role if you have:
- 8+ years of professional experience with 2+ years of recent Unity experience.
- 1+ years of professional experience managing software engineers.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and drive growth opportunities for subordinates.
- Proactive, reliable, resourceful, and capable of solving both technical and personnel problems with limited support.
- Ability to architect elegant and efficient solutions to complex game features.
- Ability to proactively drive architecture and performance improvements to legacy code both personally and through process.
- Ability to ship high quality, bug-free code under a deadline with little to no guidance.
- Great working knowledge of OOP, design patterns, algorithms, and data structures.
Bonus points for:
- Extensive knowledge of optimizing Unity for maximum performance.
- Extensive knowledge of Unity’s UGui UI system.
- Experience with full-stack development.
- Experience with native platform development.
- Experience with a scripting language like Python or NodeJS.
- Experience working on large teams with well established processes.
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more!
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.