Director, Content (Design Home)
At the CrowdStar Studio, we believe there is a huge opportunity in interactive entertainment products for women. Our goal is to build products that engage, enrich, and empower women.
With our two top-grossing titles, Covet Fashion and Design Home, CrowdStar has developed new ways for players to enjoy fashion and interior design. We are changing how women interact with games. We are changing how they discover and shop for everything from clothing to shoes, and furniture to home decor. As a team, we are passionate about creating fun and engaging games for women, and also enriching lives outside of the game.
As a Content Director, you will be a key leader in the highly successful franchise, Design Home, a mobile game that’s consistently in the Top 50 on the app store. This is an exciting opportunity, as you’ll have a chance to work with a world-class team and a product that touches millions of lives every day. In this creative and results-driven leadership role, you will own the Content, LiveOps, Brands, Partners & E-Commerce roadmaps. You will inspire those around you, be a mentor to a top-notch team, and partner with internal leaders to deliver the next stage of growth for the franchise and Glu. You will be a key driver in medium-term strategies that will ensure the product meets its quarterly and yearly commitments. This role will interface directly with Design Home’s product, Art, Engineering and Marketing leaders, cross functional teams including BD, Production, Design, and external partners.
- Creative Direction & Content Vision: Define the creative direction and vision for content and ensure cohesion across teams. Identify strategic opportunities that can provide engaging new content for our audience.
- Consumer experience: With a keen eye for design and the consumer, define interior design standards within the app, speak to emerging trends in the industry, connect our audience with experts in the interior design industry. Ensure the players have delightful learning experiences that meet our game requirements while ensuring the experiences are relevant with design forward thinking.
- Roadmap: Develop the roadmap for Content, Brands & LiveOps, that will drive key business KPIs and franchise goals, including revenue and engagement. Work closely with the Data team to analyze performance and use insights to improve content offerings and make strategic decisions.
- LiveOps Production: Oversee the live operations roadmap and ensure that the team can meet production deadlines. Work closely with Design Home leadership to make critical decisions in triage situations.
- Brands & External Partners: Leverage existing and new partners to develop new and relevant content for our audience. Work closely with the BD and Marketing teams to develop compelling campaign initiatives. Provide oversight on Brand and Partner visuals, editorial and content.
- Merchandising: Demonstrate up-to-date expertise in merchandising and provide improvement of strategies for our in-app merch offerings. Oversee our Design Home Inspired feature.
- People Management: Use both hard and soft skills to inspire, empower, mentor, and develop talent. Instill a team culture of excellence, camaraderie, growth mindset, passion, & commitment. Manage senior managers and managers that oversee a team of 13+.
- Partner Across Teams: Partner with Design Home leadership to ensure alignment on the shared vision and roadmap. Partner with a diverse group of stakeholders across the Design Home team and the Studio Leadership Teams for various initiatives.
You’ll be a great fit for this role if you have:
- 8+ years in managing or directing content strategy and operations, or relevant experience in consumer facing products of which at least 3+ years is in mobile apps
- 5+ yrs mentoring & managing high performing teams
- 5+ years experience in Inventory Management or Merchandising
- 5+ yrs management experience with a motivating management style
- Keen eye and passion for lifestyle content, merchandising and interior design
- Ability to balance a data-driven approach with keen intuition for the product and player
- Excellent analytical skills; demonstrated experience to objectively interpret data and extract actionable insights that drive the business
- Experience building content strategy and business goals that map to KPIs.
- Strategic thinker that is able to synthesize and prioritize inputs from various perspectives to create an actionable plan.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills; comfortable addressing all levels within an organization
- Excellent conceptual, visual, verbal, organizational and messaging skills
- Experience in Lifestyle, Gaming or Mobile App industry and interest for interior design, a plus
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of experience in UI/UX/Product Design
- Experience managing a UI/UX Design team that completed projects on content/media–based products, E-commerce apps, and localized products across international markets.
- A portfolio of relevant UI/UX Design work, executed either by yourself or a team that you led, that conveys an ability to drive a systems-based visual design style into highly usable and highly functional applications.
Even better if your experience in UI/UX/Product Design includes:
- Recent experience in a product development setting within a mobile app company or a company with a strong mobile presence.
- 5+ years managing mobile UI/UX design teams, including at least 2+ years managing teams of 5 or more