Hello, we’re Glowmade! ✨
We’re a small-ish, exciting company and the goal of our games is to unlock people's imagination and help them express themselves in wonderful, fun ways. Right now we’re busy building a new multiplayer cooperative game with an ambitious creative wrapper around it.
We can’t say too much, but if you can imagine Jim Henson’s Labyrinth mashed up with Wrestlemania, then you’ll be on the right track!
We’ve got big hearts and big ideas, and this is an opportunity to play a key role in our growing team. Reporting to Dom Clubb (Art Lead) you’ll be working closely with him to define and implement the way our game’s environments look and feel.
From day one we would like you to...
- Work with our team in order to create high quality environment art.
- Get involved in discussion around the broader direction for the game.
- Get to know Glowmade’s internal creative tools, as well as bringing your own best practice and software recommendations.
In six months you will be...
- Taking environment art from concept to game ready assets across multiple themes.
- Involved in discussions about what themes should be and what should be in them.
- Working with artists both inside and outside of the studio in order to deliver on the game’s vision.
- A central, supportive member of our small team.
The ideal candidate would…
- Have created the environment art for one or more published games.
- Be able to demonstrate taking work from a concept to in-game pixels (but not necessarily having done it all yourself).
- Have expert 3D modeling skills.
- But we are flexible for the right candidate!
A FEW MORE BITS:
This is a full time role and an opportunity to make a significant contribution not only to the game but to our team and the company. Everyone at Glowmade has a voice, and it’s important to us that you feel empowered and are given the time and space to use it.
We’re based in Guildford, UK and so we’d really like to have you here with us onsite. We offer competitive wages and we are an actively equal opportunities employer. If all of the above sounds exciting and you think you can fill this pivotal role, please get in touch. No agencies please!
All applicants should provide examples of their work via a website, blog, email, or online album to be considered for this position.