(Closed) Esports Community Manager
We are looking for an Esports Community Manager who is passionate and driven by the esports industry. Someone who is highly experienced and naturally engaged with social media and esports communities. Be open-minded, communicative, driven and hard-working. You will be creating video and other visual content for various business partners and clients, writing, podcasting, editing footage, creating videos, memes, banners, emotes for Twitch and more. Creativity and original content are of the utmost importance.
What we are searching for:
Our Esports Community Manager has to be reliable, well-organized, and have a creative spark. We expect you to be innovative, proactive, and speak the community language. An excellent understanding of new and popular trends as well as esports knowledge of at least three of the titles (Super Smash, Apex Legends, Fortnite) our teams are competing in is a must. You will be the eyes and ears of GHG representing the team, our partners, and fans across all our communication platforms, as you enthusiastically engage on a daily basis.
- Responsible for managing our community and Social Media accounts on Facebook, Twitter, Twitch, Challonge, Smash.gg, YouTube, Eventbrite, Reddit, Instagram, Steam, Discord, dedicated esports or game forums/communities, and any additional platform the team decides to use, or our teams are affiliated with.
- Responsible for organizing, coordinating, executing, and reporting on community events and activities, such as online community events, fan-meetups, dedicated community content, viewings parties, and more.
- Design and create thumbnails, emotes, banners, streaming overlays, video and visual content for social media
- Reddit Analyst and Twitter expert – you always look for the freshest memes, discussion topics, and tendencies within online communities, with a focus on (Super Smash, Apex Legends, Fortnite, NBA 2K, Madden NFL, FIFA) current and past events.
- Write a minimum of 3 pieces per week and be a part of a weekly podcast. Promotion of your content will be imperative on all social media avenues.
- Execute, schedule, and track GHG partner & team activities according to agreement.
- Able and willing to travel to the most relevant GHG events in order to coordinate and execute live community events and activities.
- Proactive attitude
- Good communication and coordination skills
- Be an avid user of Twitch and Twitter
- Fluent in English
- Enthusiasm and ambition to be the best
- Curiosity – you want to be the first to know things and share it with GHG fans
- Be proficient in video / image editing software
- Residence in Santa Clarita or local area (within 30 miles)
- Experience working as a Social Media Manager/Specialist and/or Community manager
- Experience working with an esports community, team, organization or similar
- Experience in Creative Marketing
- Gaming experience
- Hootsuite, Hubspot, Sprout Social, Buffer or similar program experience managing multiple social media postings and networks
$15-25 per hour
Don't forget to tell us where you found this listing!