Social Media and Community Manager
GINX owns and operates the world’s largest esports television channel, GINX Esports TV, which can be received in over 40 million homes in more than 30 territories including the France, UK, Canada, Germany, South Africa and Scandinavia. In addition to the TV channel, we have created one of the fastest growing online esports destinations at ginx.tv. Our monthly unique user base has rapidly grown to 2 million, mostly from the highly sought after Gen-Z and Millennial generations and we are targeting 5X growth. The online platform puts mobile users front and centre, though it looks just as good on desktop and tablet.
It’s been quite the journey from launching our AAA game review channel in 2008 to where we are today. With the GINX communities growing as they are, we are always on the lookout for new talent. Please see below for our latest job opportunity.
ABOUT THE JOB
GINX TV is hiring a talented Social Media and Community Manager to join our team in our HQ offices in London (as soon as we can!). As part of this team, you will work to support the growth and relationships with the esports community. You will work on various initiatives in the community and manage social engagement daily.
You will lead and execute an esports community-focused strategy. Listening to the community feedbacks, your mission is to bring GINX Esports TV closer to content creators, event organisers and esports fans.
You will coordinate communication and content activity, interfacing with internal resources to produce assets required to build and develop our brand identity on social networks.
Your focus will be on existing programs, including
- Program information and schedules
- Live broadcast support and coverage including messaging and moderating
- News articles
- Video and content management
- Affiliate marketing
You can also expect to participate to new launches in Europe and across the world.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Define social media KPIs
- Oversee day-to-day management of campaigns and ensure brand consistency
- Facilitate scaling brand and company awareness through various social media channels
- Work with the Marketing and Content team to create and implement social media strategies monthly
- Ensure brand consistency in copy through tone, voice and terminology
- Supervise all aspects of social media interaction between customers and the company, and ensure a positive customer service experience
- Create actionable plans to both grow and maintain followers through popular social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, Tiktok, Pinterest, YouTube and LinkedIn
- Ensure progress on all platforms by using analytical tools such as Google Analytics and others
- Oversee the creating and implementation of the monthly editorial calendar which includes monthly sales objectives and initiatives
We are seeking a dedicated, hardworking and talented candidate. This position suits esports enthusiasts who have a strong understanding of social media platforms and services as well as a natural appetite for all things social-media. Staying up to date with latest social media best practices and technologies is not a job, but rather a passion.
Our ideal candidate already has a deep national and/or international esports social network.
- 2-5 years of social media management experience
- Fluent in English. Another language would be a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience in esports and community management
- Ability to work nights and week-ends based on live event coverage needs
- Proficient using multi-social posting programs such as Hootsuite and HubSpot
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft Office and Adobe Suites
- General knowledge of Search Engine Optimization and internet ranking for web content
- Relevant experience determining a target audience and how to cater unique marketing campaigns to capture their attention
- Strong understanding of marketing strategy and how to effortlessly utilize social media platforms to reach KPIs
- Ability to simultaneously work toward many company initiatives at once and navigate across different departments within the company
- Live and breathe esports and gaming!
HOW TO APPLY
Submit your resume + cover letter explaining how your skills and experience relate to the role, as well as any previous work you can share.