Scriptwriter - Esports and Gaming Shows
GINX owns and operates the world’s largest esports television channel, GINX Esports TV, which can be received in over 40 million homes in more than 30 territories including the France, UK, Canada, Germany, South Africa and Scandinavia. In addition to the TV channel, we have created one of the fastest growing online esports destinations at ginx.tv. Our monthly unique user base has rapidly grown to 2 million, mostly from the highly sought after Gen-Z and Millennial generations and we are targeting 5X growth. The online platform puts mobile users front and centre, though it looks just as good on desktop and tablet.
It’s been quite the journey from launching our AAA game review channel in 2008 to where we are today. With the GINX communities growing as they are, we are always on the lookout for new talent. Please see below for our latest job opportunity.
ABOUT THE JOB
GINX TV is hiring talented Script writer(s) to join our team on a freelance basis. As part of this team, you will be charged with the creation of show narrative scripts, and all of other show related text. You’ll see to the overall coherence of the narrative with the producers involved in the show making.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Understand the intentions of the producer to put his vision into words
- Develop and evolve stories into scripts
- Weave together visual elements in scenes with story and dialogue
- Provide feedback on narrative that best serves the development of compelling and engaging scripts
- Ensure that all reference documents are up to date
- Work with producers and directors to edit and adjust the script as needed.
We are seeking a dedicated, hardworking and talented candidate. This position suits esports enthusiasts who have a strong understanding of social media platforms and services as well as a natural appetite for all things social-media. Staying up to date with latest social media best practices and technologies is not a job, but rather a passion.
Our ideal candidate already has a deep national and/or international esports social network.
- Fluent in English
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in developing and writing scripts in a high demand media environment
- Preference will be given to experience gained working in a gaming or esports environment
- Organizational skills
If this sounds like you, shoot us your resume including links to previous work. We'll quickly contact you for a first chat!