GINX operates the world's largest esports tv channel (25+ million homes) as well as ginx.tv, a fast-growing online platform.
As our website News Editor, you'll be responsible for setting the news agenda for each working day/week. You'll decide which stories matter most, and ensure that a bustling team of junior writers is helping to deliver that agenda with a regular stream of content that keeps readers coming back to the site every hour/day.
The ideal candidate has at least two years of experience in games journalism and has previous editing experience. This role is for five days a week (Mon-Fri), in eight-hour shifts.
Salary: £25k - £30k
- Daily content creation, with the main focus on trending news. However, there will be opportunities to work on features and reviews.
- As section editor, you will be responsible for setting the news agenda for each working day/week on the site. As such you need to be organised, as well as comfortable making decisions quickly and decisively.
- Responsible for overseeing the work of fellow news writers, and ensuring that the team produces a steady flow of news throughout the day.
- You must be comfortable editing and mentoring more junior writers. Ultimately we want you to help raise their knowledge, expertise, and delivery of your chosen news topics.
- Build and maintain relationships with PRs, developers, and publishers, to ensure we're first to breaking news announcements as they happen.
- Work together with the Ginx in-house production team to assist with any TV production needs. This may include some occasional appearances on Ginx shows, both in person and remotely.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Knowledge of SEO practices
The ability to write compelling news stories quickly
A strong interest in video games (obviously) and a good nose for what stories matter most to readers
The ability to work independently with minimal supervision from the editor
At least 2 years of experience writing gaming news in a prior role or as a freelance contributor
Experience in managing other writers, if not necessarily on a full-time basis
A keen attention to detail when editing, and excellent organisational skills to ensure your team is being managed efficiently and effectively
Previous CMS experience, and a willingness to learn our CMS quickly and offer suggestions on how it can be improved
Please note that this role is only for applicants based in the UK. The role has the potential to be fully remote, but Ginx is especially keen to hear from applicants who can work a hybrid role, with some working days in the London HQ, collaborating with the wider team.
The GINX Office
Our standard office hours are 9.30-18.00 Monday to Friday. Occasional weekend/evening work is to be expected, as well as some international travel. Our offices/studios are based near Kings Cross.